It’s time for another Friend Friday! This week we are doing something a little different. Instead of answering questions about a specific topic, we are sharing 10 fun facts about ourselves that we think might surprise you. Enjoy!!!
1. Both of my parents remarried so I am the oldest of SEVEN! I have 2 brothers and 1 sister on each side for a total of 6!
2. My favorite drink is a vodka tonic with rose’s lime juice.YUM! I could go for one of those right now.
3. I mentioned this before but I am a sucker for all things related to salt and potatoes… french fries, tator tots, hash browns, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato chips… ummm please feel free to name your favorite potato dishes in the comments. I’m sure I love them, too. Not so good for the waist line, but ehh.
4. Me and the fiance have a fabulous time watching documentaries and having rousing debates on a plethora of subjects including but not limited to astronomy, religion, sociology, politics, education… and anything else worth talking about.
5. On the other hand, I am also a hopeless product of pop culture and my guilty pleasure is…. yes…you guessed it… REALITY TV. How could I possibly have the brain cells left to ponder the universe after watching a rousing (new favorite word!) episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Hmmm, I don’t know. That’s just how I roll. Among my favorites are For the Love of Ray J. (so sad it’s not coming back), Bad Girls Club, and The Real Houseives of Any City. Don’t judge me. I can’t help it. These shows bring me great joy and laughter.
6. When I was in the 2nd grade I won the Miss Black Los Angeles pageant… sash, tiara, flowers, the works! I stopped doing pageants after that! LOL!
7. I am terrified of spiders. I mean TERRIFIED to the point where I won’t go near them to kill them. I know that is very counter productive, right?
8. CONFESSION: I couldn’t organize my closet if my life depended on it. At any given moment there are ALWAYS piles of clean clothes on the floor and open shoe boxes with one shoe in the box and one shoe God knows where. It drives the fiance insane. He can’t seem to understand how I can be so organized in other aspects of my life, yet so all over the place when it comes to my clothes. I have to to the conclusion that I just have too much stuff. *shrug*
9. I have never been out of the country (I think I’ve told you guys this before, but some of you might be new!). Pretty sad, huh? I finally got my passport THIS YEAR! The first place I want to go??? hmmmm… good question! I’d go anywhere at this point. Got any suggestions? What’s your favorite destination? honeymoon recommendations?
10. (the most important fun fact about me!) I can do a mean hammer dance. For those that don’t know what that is, please see below and fast forward to 1:42 for the breakdown! (or watch the entire video and heal all your Friday woes!)
When the fiance is having a rough day, I just bust out my “hammer dance” and it’s guaranteed to make him
smile laugh out loud. I contemplated making my own demo video, but I found one on Youtube and there is no need to reinvent the wheel hahahaha
Did anyone else laugh hysterically at this video? I know I did. It might have something to do with the girls sweatsuit. I think I had that exact one in 3rd grade. smh!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!
p.s. Don’t forget to enter my latest giveaway!