Happy Birthday To Me (and I finished my 30 for 30!)

I’d say we have a lot to celebrate today! I am officially entering the last year of my 20’s!! I swear it took FOR-E-VER for 21 to arrive and after that the years just flew by.  I have heard a lot of people say that your 30’s are great because you reach a point where you are really comfortable in your own skin.  You’ve had a lot of learning experiences in your 20’s and begin to settle into who you are and what you want to do (even if you have no idea how you’re going to do it yet).  Here I sit on my 29th birthday feeling like there must be a little truth to that notion.  I remember when I turned 25, and I had a quarter-life crisis. Lol! It’s real… look it up! I thought I was just depressed until my aunt pulled me aside and told me about some special she had watched on 20/20 or Dateline or one of those shows, about the quarter-life crisis.  Apparently, it is very common for my generation of twenty-somethings.  In retrospect, there was just a lot of uncertainty in my life. I was laid off from my first job out of college…I started a new job, but  I didn’t really know where my career was going.  All I knew was I was not in law school like I had planned, and I didn’t even know what I wanted to do with my life anymore. I was single. I wasn’t broke, but I certainly wasn’t where I thought I should be financially by 25.  I certainly couldn’t afford to buy a house (or even a new car for that matter. Lol!).  Somehow, in my 25 year old mind I thought I was supposed to have it all figured out… BOY WAS I WRONG! The truth is I’m never gonna have it all figured out.  So now, as I approach 30 I have become much more comfortable with the fact that life is a learning process.  I am happy with where I am in my life. Things may not have gone exactly how I pictured them in my mind, but I am making progress!  I will continue to make mistakes on my journey to becoming the best me, but all I can do is set goals and take steps to make those goals happen! There will be setbacks along the way, and I will need to adjust my plans from time to time but that is okay.  I guess what I’m saying is the uncertainty of my twenties has been replaced by an inner peace…and only ONE certainty. I AM DOING JUST FINE! So, with that I am holding up my cyber-champagne glass and saying CHEERS to 29!

I really don’t know where all that came from.  Sometimes you just have stuff on your heart and it comes pouring out unexpectedly! Thanks for listening…

Now on to the the 30 for 30 Grand Finale!!!

For my last 30 for 30 outfit, I decided to throw caution to the wind and flex all my remixing muscles with a bit of mixed prints! This outfit is dedicated to Bella over at The Citizen Rosebud! I have a feeling she’s gonna like this one a lot! So without further ado…

30 for 30 item: Kasper Black Blazer (thrifted) | 30 for 30 item: H&M Leopard Blouse | 30 for 30 item: Forever 21 Striped Maxi Dress | 30 for 30 item: Luichiny Black Pumps (c/o Shoes Got Sole) | Toggle Necklace (Dots) | Assorted Bangles (Forever 21 and H&M) | Cocktail Ring (Cracker Barrel)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

42 Responses to “Happy Birthday To Me (and I finished my 30 for 30!)”

1. olivepaperie says:

You look gorgeous! Happy Born day!

2. Abi says:

This was a great post. I’m 26 and in the mist of my uncertainty. So I know exactly how you used to feel. I can’t wait to get to the point where you are.
    Have a blessed birthday.

3. Megan says:

Happy Birthday – You look fierce!
    My recent post Turquoise Braids

4. shawnte says:

you look amazing! Happy Birthday!
    My recent post chic competition

5. DWJ says:

Happy birthday! And yes, your 30s are the best, you know who you are and what you want, but enjoy this last year of the 20s :)

6. Krystle says:

This outfit is so pretty!! I love the way you mixed the prints, girl!! happy birthday to you, CHEERS!! :)
    My recent post Breathing Again!

7. lynn says:

Happy March Birthday!!!!!! Enjoy your day!
    besos,lynn
    My recent post BESOS MARCH BABIES!

8. Prissy says:

Happy Birthday!!! I really hope you enjoy your birthday week & weekend!!
    I love the mixed prints. It came together very nicely.

Prissy
    My recent post Spotted all Over Town

9. love the stripes and leopard! and happy Birthday!
    My recent post DIY Conversation Jewelry

10. Marche' Hair says:

You look amazing! I love the prints and stripes. BOLD and Fierce. Bravo! And great blog entry. I was there at your 25th and can definitely empathize with life's uncertainities (at any age). Nonetheless, I concur that one thing is for sure "you will do just fine." Happy Birthday, little cousin. Best of everything to you! God bless :-D

11. Aboslutely amazing doll! You look FAB!!! What a way to go out with the 30 for 30 challenge with a BANG! hahahaha Glad you hung in there! That is why I just won't do it, I know me! hahahaha Good for you!! and Happy Birthday again!! Can't wait to see the Birthday outfit!! :)
    My recent post Jumpsuit…jump jump

12. Happy Birthday!!!
    The quarter-life crisis is real!!! I remember that period, oh the torment and questions my younger self went through. I'm a little past that 30 mark and I can agree that although life may not be exactly what you expect it to be, this time is filled with less anguish and just a tiny bit more widsdom and knowing what you, as a person, are all about.
    My recent post OOTD-Cool Breeze

13. theworldoftiffany says:

Singing 50 Cent "In da Club" LOL Happy Bday Girl. I too, had a dang quarter life crisis, looking back on it now it was hilarious. I am a smidge past the 30 mark and I will say this the BS of life is still there but your tolerance for it is what changes, but heck you have a whole year to get to that…CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My recent post RANDOMNESS

14. ladyaglaia says:

happy 29th ife! it's great to hear that life gets better after your quarter life crisis (which I had last year as well) and i am so happy for you :) have a fabulous birthday, a fabulous girl only deserves the best :)
    My recent post TimeOut- Colouring the Sky

15. Corie says:

Happy Birthday Eboni!
    And your outfit is fire!!!!
    My recent post Two in One

16. Hayat says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gorgeous!!! Wish you the best of luck in everything you do. You look stunning like always. XOXOXO
    My recent post La3dass- Moroccan Lentils Stew

17. Veshoevius says:

Happy Birthday! And to be honest I didn't think you were a day over 19!! Love this mixup of leopard stripes and blazer and those shoes are wonderful!
    My recent post Feathers and Leather

18. Vanessa says:

I love this mix of prints! It's gorgeous! happy day of birth!

19. Brittany L. says:

I dig the way you remix that maxi dress. I hate it with that leopard blouse though. Anyhow, enjoy your birthday.

20. Natassja says:

Happy Birthday Love!!!!
    I have to say that every time Bella mentions a blog now I am very anxious to go visit it (she alwayz picks the best ones!!!) and I am very glad that I came by and even better that it's your Bday.

Your outfit is amazing and you have such a beautiful glow, You don't look a day over 21!!
    Your words were also inspiring, being that I had the same experience when I turned 25 ( I just turned 26 in January) but the best thing was that I did discover my Aha! moment and now I am doing what I love!!

Those that inspire me, I will always remember
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your wonderful outfit

21. Raven says:

WOW this was a really great post + I couldn't agree more with how you explained the utterly slow climb to 21 and the fast slide down into the quarter-life crisis and the overall uncertainty of the latter 20s, lol. You look AMAZING and your smile is SO radiant girl.

Live it up and I second that whole-heartly – Cheers to a wonderful 29th Birthday sweetheart (!!!!!)

xo,
    raven
    My recent post think big print

22. VeronicaGlam says:

My favorite post to date! You look lovely and Feliz Cumpleanos! Wishing you the best day ever :)

23. Allie says:

You look totally beautiful! I hope you have a happy birthday!
    My recent post We Need To Have A Serious Talk

24. tyty says:

wow you took the words right off my chest! I really connected to this post because i find myself thinking about it very often! Or i guess its safe to say i have a mini midlife crisis every few months! (is that normal lol) There is alot of truth to what you said, I'm 26 and i feel as if i should be having it all, (career wise mostly) especially cause i have kids! You want to be an example for them and lead them in the right direction! but You plan your life and when it doesn't go the way you expected you break down! I used to compare my self with friends that i went to school with who are my age and has it all, and i used to think whats wrong with my picture? i work hard, I'm independent, I'm motivated? and i guess it took me a while before i could really understand that life is not the same for everybody, we may have similar struggles and can relate but know ones life is the same as another! I panic and i think OMG there's no way i want to start my career at 30 0r 40! My husband being (31) has pulled me into the 30's realm (lol) and showed me that alot of people start their careers at an older age and there's nothing wrong with that! It takes time because every one comes from different walks in life, and he explained to me that at 25 he was going through the same thing that i am ,not knowing where life would take him, and in his last years of his 20's is when his life took a drastic turn for the best! so he is my living example! and i am so happy that you wrote what was on your mind and in your heart because there can be thousands of people out there who think that they are the only ones that feel that way , and its good to know you're not "standing in the corner" all alone! I'm so sorry about the rant but i really loved this post! And since today is your day, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND BEST WISHES MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS COME TRUE! REACH FOR THE STARS AND AIM HIGH GIRLIE! xoxo TY

p.s you are one fab 30 year old! you don't look a day over 23!
    My recent post Vegas Purchases

25. Fajr says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this outfit from the leopard with the stripes to the pink lip! Happy Birthday Gal and you couldn't be more right! Life is a journey and none of us have it all figured out. Hope you enjoyed your day!
    My recent post Life Lessons from the Incomparable RuPaul

26. Happy belated born day Doll and you look amazing!
    My recent post Thrifting Finds &amp More

27. Inez says:

Who would have thought that leopard print could be worn with stripes….and so beautifully too! I may be late but I do want to say : "Happy Birthday"
    My recent post Now that Ive solved the problem of my hair

28. hairs2me says:

Happy birthday :)

29. GRIT & GLAMOUR says:

Happy belated birthday! This is a fantabulous combo. But you know what? Your best accessory is your megawatt smile.

••V••
    <a href="http://www.gritandglamour.com” target=”_blank”>www.gritandglamour.com
    @gritandglamour
    My recent post WVW- The Scorpion

30. fdiary says:

What a great approach to life, I hear growth and maturity in what you're saying. You are definitely coming into your own and I know it feels good. Here's "toasting it up" to you and I hope you have a wonderful day.

31. yvette says:

Loove your outfit! And by the way you don't look 30 at all to me!

xoxo http://www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com
    New update online! Come check it out!
    My recent post OUTFIT – My new babies

32. fashnlvr9 says:

Darling – you look ravishing! I adore your heels and that leopard print top! I never would have thought to pair it with the stripes but it is stunning!!
    Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Bella is right – 30's are SO much better than 20's! http://www.fashnlvr.blogspot.com

33. Demetrice says:

I never would have thought about purchasing a Kasper blazer until I saw this post. I went thrift shopping this weekend and found the perfect Kasper boyfriend blazer for only $5 at Goodwill. http://impr4less.blogspot.com/2011/04/boyfriend-b
    My recent post Boyfriend Blazer

34. I really can't express to you how much I love this outfit. It's perfect, perfect, perfect…and Happy Birthday (belated)!

35. Bri says:

I sooooooo agree with your quater life crisis episode seeing as I am currently going thru it. I just turned 25 on the 21st of march and I have been UBER depressed. I am unemployed not in my graduate program as I had hoped to be and am NO WHERE NEAR where I think that I should be financially. But I must remember that I am still young and I have to give myself credit for the things that I have accomplished so far. I love this article and your site.

36. Tiffany says:

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I just celebrated my 28th birthday at the beginning of March and I totally understand how your 20's flew by because so did mine!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!! Second, LOVE THIS LOOK!! I love different patterns paired together!! And, those pumps are to die for!!!
    My recent post Maxi to the Max…

37. [...] And Cashmere,fashionista-next-door,Rihanna豹紋橫條搭配法 &動物紋搭配法。這個幾乎是每年 YSL,Dolce & [...]

38. Toocute25 says:

you have to be kidding me right? This does not look good, I see what you tried to do, but its not working…..this is a hot hiddeous mess…..stop it

39. [...] dusty Forever 21 striped maxi does the trick! You guys have seen me wear this dress so many times (here, here, here, and here)!  I’d say it was $19.80 well spent.  I still don’t have my [...]

40. Citizen Bella Q says:

How did I miss this post? Eboni- I am over the moon for you in this outfit. LURVE!

41. Citizen Bella Q says:

42. Luna Tiger says:

Great mix of prints and amazing shoes ! http://selenite.weebly.com
    My recent post COSMIC WATERS