Inspired by ChicMuse: American Apparel Roller Shorts

Happy Monday, Lovelies! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was relaxing. I have been doing really great with my new “lifestyle change” (diet).  I hate using the word diet, because we think of diets as a temporary thing, but working out and eating healthy really shouldn’t be temporary, right? So, I like to think of it as a lifestyle change…I will be the first to admit that the changes haven’t always stuck in the past (lol), but that should be the goal, don’t you think?  So anyway, I woke up Saturday and went to the gym for the first time since I’ve lived in Atlanta. I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR! That is a damn shame! Lol. To be fair, I have been working out at home and I can get a very effective workout at home, but there is just something about being in the gym that makes me push my workout to the next level. Let’s just say I am nice and sore, today. Lol!  Other than that, Fab and I just chilled all weekend.  I went shopping for a dress for my sister-in-laws wedding later this month.  Fab and I grabbed burgers at Max Lager Grill & Brewery because we had a Groupon that was expiring on Aug 31. Our burgers were just okay… they were a little overcooked. I am convinced that Atlanta doesn’t know the meaning of medium — WARM. PINK. CENTER.  I don’t know why I continue to order my burgers and steaks medium. I am always disappointed.  I should just stick with medium rare in ATL.  Anyway, we LOVED the lamb sliders we got as an appetizer. They were DEE-LISH!

Okay, I’m done rambling now… let’s move on to the outfit! I can’t take any credit for this look at all. It is a complete rip off of an outfit I saw on ChicMuse. The minute I saw Denni rocking her super short..super silky American Apparel satin roller shorts, I knew I had to have them and I knew I had to recreate her look.   The shorts were just so unexpected! I mean really, they are basically silky gym shorts circa 1970, but they are oh-so-chic when styled properly…

My white blazer is at the dry cleaners, so I improvised with a white knit flyaway vest, which is actually more practical in this Atlanta heat. I also dressed the look down a bit by pairing it with my flat, gold Sandras.  I think the whole look is light and airy…all around summer chic. What do you think?

Cheap Vest via TJ Maxx | Old Blouse | American Apparel Satin Charmeuse Roller Shorts ($22) | Sole Society “Sandra” ($49.99) | Handbag Heaven “Blake Schoolgirl Satchel ($59.95) | Forever 21 Necklaces | Mimi’s Bracelets

Do you ever get something new and wonder how you ever lived with out it? That’s how I feel about these little gold flats. I have worn them EVERYDAY since they debuted last week. By default, I feel like metallics go with everything but the simple, classic style of this shoe REALLY makes them go with everything. I liked these shoes in black and red, but I am totally in love with them in gold.

Are you guys proud of me? This is like my 3rd post in 7 days! Woohoo!

Have a great week!!! The Fashionista Next Door

25 Responses to “Inspired by ChicMuse: American Apparel Roller Shorts”

1. Rocquelle says:

This look is really cute on you! I love the shorts paired with the gold flat sandals (which is my favorite too)!

2. Ashley says:

Love the outfit! Love the flats :)

3. Courtney says:

I love those shorts. Did they ride up at all?

I actually also really love the gym. I like having somewhere to go to work out. I know that if i I didn't go then I would never work out.
    My recent post Summer Nails that Go POP!

4. Inez says:

Fabulous! I had items like that, my turquoise sandals is one. I love those shorts they look so comfy.
    And I love your inspired look.
    My recent post Tribal Print

5. So pretty! LOVE the shorts, that is such a gorgeous color. I love how you threw on the easy open sleeveless cardigan, looks effortlessly FAB!! Especially with the gold sandals!

6. Robin says:

You did a tremendous job with the inspiration! Looking beautiful! I felt the same way about all my clothes as they are new. Then they get "old" and I have to move on. LOL. I have style ADD.
    My recent post Deafening Silence

7. OMG, I have to thank both you and Denni! I've been going crazy trying to find just the right pair of satin shorts, and here they are! Super cute!!!
    My recent post Copy & Paste: Teen's Choice is My Choice Too

8. jemappelleshen says:

The color of those shorts is lovely! Cute look!

9. I never would have thought of leopard shorts being chic, but you totally nailed it. I think the gold sandals add the perfect touch too!!
    My recent post OOTD- It's a Leopard Time Repeat!!

10. This is a cute look. I love the color of your shorts. Mint green is a color I love love love love and wear all year long. You look FAB!
    My recent post Recession Proof Polka Dots!

11. Nikell says:

I love the colors. The top and vest are super cute. ^_^
    My recent post God Finishes What He Starts Part 1 of 2

12. Ashlei says:

I am loving the satin shorts, this is definitely summer chic :)

xx Ashlei
    My recent post Sunday Funday Photo Shoot

13. Alicia says:

Very nice girly! Those shorts are too cute! I lobe the way they look with your gold sandals!

Alicia http://Chica-Fashion.com

14. Inez says:

oh,dear! I'm loving the satin shorts. Love your gold Sandras too. I've seen them wore in previous posts, it does go with everything.
    My recent post A Frills and Lace Kind of Woman

15. Yes, boo. These shorts are where it's at – evidently. Yeah, I hate when I score a Groupon (or coupon) for some cheap/free food and then it has the nerve to not be cooked well. Didn't they hear you wanted your food the way you asked for it?!

This outfit has "weekend" all over it. Absolutely functionally chic. And yes, the Lord made sure your white blazer was at the cleaners so you wouldn't pass out. Heat stroke is a real possibility out here. Even for the stylish.

xo
    My recent post Mattie Muse: Bananas

16. Shasie says:

Great take on her look. I like your shirt better!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    My recent post Another Great Video by Wendy's Lookbook

17. Jarette says:

Very cute and adorable… I love those sandals… You have nice legs so the shorts look really good on you.

18. I love this look.. simple but very summer time.
    Lee x

19. Stephanie says:

You did this look so well! I love all of it.

-Steph from chocolate laced
    My recent post Chocolate Laced: 21 Day Challenge – Day 2 – Tuck It In

20. So Chic Bizarre says:

Nice! Cute shorts!
    My recent post HOW TO: Creatively Thrift

21. Taliah says:

Omg…u know whats so crazy…i actually have those shorts in white and JUST found out they were American apparel. I bought them from a vintage store for a photo shoot and then i looked at them and realized they were a name brand…lol. LOVE them! u look uber cute too and i love ur shoes!

22. Adonica says:

Stellar work there eveoynre. I’ll keep on reading.

23. Tyesha says:

Eboni..I'm absolutely loving this look and I actually like your look much better. The look appears very light and perfect for a hot summer day. I love the satin shorts as well as the satchel…very pretty!!!

BTW I love the new look of your blog as well as your weekly feature Style Me Friday. I hope you are enjoying your weekend :-)
    My recent post Favorite Lipstick Colors for Summer

24. [...] only worn these shorts one other time, and I totally dressed them up with the last look, but this time I went all the way casual with it.  Fab called them my “Muhammad Ali” [...]