Style Me Friday: A Classic Trench Coat

Happy Friday, Lovelies!  Again, I am so sorry about the lack of posting this week. I just haven’t had any time at all.  On top of being crazy busy at work, I’ve also been crazy busy in blog-land.  Remember when I mentioned that I was working on a big project with Sole Society?  Well, a while ago my friends at Sole Society contacted me and asked if I’d be interested in hosting a holiday soiree on their behalf for a small group of Atlanta bloggers – umm YES! It was such an honor, and the party was this week.  I’m waiting for pics from the photographer, and I’ll be posting all about it very soon. It was a blast! So needless to say, with all the last minute party preparations, I just haven’t had time to take pictures or post.  Next week, I will be on vacation starting on Wednesday – a much needed break from work for me, for sure! Hopefully, I’ll also be able to get back on track with my blogging schedule.

Anyway, enough with the rambling – it’s time for Style Me Friday!  This week’s submission comes from my friend and fellow ATL blogger Charee of ChareeLenee.com.  I loved this look immediately, but I knew I didn’t have a trench coat, so I’ve been holding on to it, waiting for the day when I’d acquire the perfect trench.  Well, that day came yesterday – just in time for Style Me Friday. I already had the perfect dark wash flares and the perfect red satchel.  Lastly, it’s barely noticeable in the inspiration picture, the woman in the picture is wearing leopard shoes.  Well, you guys know I have no desire to hide my leopard print under my flared jeans, so I added my touch of leopard by replacing my trench’s belt, with a my fave leopard skinny belt…by far my favorite part of the outfit — duh!  Have I sold you on the leopard belt being an ABSOLUTE wardrobe essential, yet? LOL!

Gifted Trench Coat | GAP Modern Trouser Jeans ($69.50)| Handbag Heaven “Sami” Satchel ($43.96) | Leopard Belt via Target (check in stores or similar online here) | Fergie “Gatsby Too” Oxfords (hidden)

p.s. I have had to make my posts really quick lately, but “Insights on Personal Style” will be coming back soon.

p.p.s. Submit your looks for Style Me Friday here, or you can submit them on my Facebook wall!

Thanks for stopping by!!! XOXO.

43 Responses to “Style Me Friday: A Classic Trench Coat”

1. Such a classic look, but my favorite part is the leopard belt switch out. Cute touch!!
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD, A Blogging Good Time & Gift Guide, Phew!
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD, A Blogging Good Time & Gift Guide, Phew!

Very nice, and of course love the leopard belt touch.
    My recent post Red Topper

3. Kim says:

You look fab! Everyone needs a trench:-)
    My recent post All Black And A Red Lip

4. Dominique says:

Love the trench and jeans, you look so cute!

5. Rocquelle says:

LOVE this! The leopard and red are the perfect touches for this beyond chic look girlie!
    My recent post SMILE

6. Love the trench Ife! What a great addition to your winter wardrobe. You look so classy! Love the belt too.
    My recent post Making Progress

7. lgifitness1987 says:

This is such a classic look! Beautiful lines! Best part of it all is that I can totally do this look!! LOVE <3
    My recent post Healthy Girl! Fridays: Plateau!

8. lynn says:

you look so pretty and sophisticated. I love this classic look . Great hiar!
    besos,lynn
    My recent post DATE NIGHT~~~~~YOUR FIRED

9. tasha says:

You got this look dead on. Love adding the leopard belt to it. Super cute
    My recent post Missoni for Target Rain Boots

10. Pretty Dark Girl Style says:

You look great!! Love this entire look and will be Stealing your style to recreate it !! And Yes who doesn't love Lepoard print anything, belt , shoes, dress… Etc LOL

11. Charee says:

LOVE IT Eb!! Girl you killed it as I knew you would. I love the leopard belt in place of the trench belt.. I'ma have to use that idea girlie! LOL You look HAUTE and FAB, as I don't expect anything less from you. :) You are workin it!!
    My recent post Key Hole Back

12. Once again, I love your look much more!! Nailed it!
    My recent post What I (Sort of) Wore: 12.10.11

13. Robin says:

Love it! You look great girl and you truly nailed the look! How did you get your hair like that? It looks pretty!

14. Once again, I love your look much more!!

15. Oh lovely, you look so chic in the trench. I love the belt with this look. with thte wide legged pants. -xo

16. Of course you hit it dead on!!! I love how you added the leopard belt on the coat. Can't wait to see the pictures from the Sole Society party.

7eventh Letter
    My recent post Striped

17. Abi says:

Love this look. You look like a woman, confident and strong. I really need a trench.

18. Loving this look, I might have to recreate it myself.
    My recent post

19. Taelin says:

Cute! <3 the bag for a pop of color and the belt for a touch of chic! xx
    My recent post Omotesando lights

20. Taelin says:

Cute! <3 the bag for a pop of color and the belt for a touch of chic! xx
    My recent post Omotesando lights

21. Dr. R says:

You nailed it again. I love your Style Me Friday posts. The red bag and trouser jean are my favs.
    My recent post Perfectly Pretty – Holiday Edition

22. Katie says:

WOW! This looks so absolutely chic – I absolutely love it!
    My recent post Where in the world is Fashion Frugality?

23. Linka says:

That trench is AWESOME!!! Love this look! My absolute favorite! So classy!!!
    My recent post Sneak Peak

24. Nika says:

wow, she did a great job – the look is fab!!!

25. MJ says:

I absolutely love that trench on you! And the leopard belt is the perfect touch for sure! (You have me sold on that one! :) )
    My recent post Friend Friday: Starting To Look A Lot Like Christmas

26. Prissy says:

You are dead on with this look. Its so chic!! Love that trench too

Prissy
    My recent post Bright Orange &amp; Polka Dots

27. Girl! I have that belt and I LOVE the way you belted that trench with it!! It's such a chic look!! You're looking absolutely amazing!! FAB-U-LOUS!! May I have your wardrobe, please??:)

28. Shareefa N. says:

I love the coat. What brand is it!!!! Please, I NEED it in my life.

29. sundaze says:

I love everything about this look.This seriously might be my all time favorite. Fabulous!!

30. caramelnaps25 says:

I love this look! Your hair is fab:)

31. What a cool idea for a blog feature, I love it! And I love your interpretation fo the inspiration! Soooo chic. I found your blog through Asian Cajuns; I'm also an Atlanta personal style blogger! The party you guys had looked so fun, I would love to be included the next time around. So glad I found your blog, following now :D

32. Can I have everything you're wearing in this post?? You look ah-mazing! I'm super jelly of your flares and that you found the perfect trench coat
    My recent post Serving Up Kardashian's Style For The Holidays

33. Ariel B says:

Love this look. I actually like your play on the look better than the inspiration pic!
    My recent post FD Author Style: From Day to Night

34. i prefer your outfit over the original! O.o…more polished and pulled together
    My recent post Feliz Navidad!

35. Love this outfit! I have been taking a shopping sabbatical because it was getting out of hand. Looking at this post, gave me withdrawals! What is the brand name for the trench???

36. Chee L. says:

great inspired look! By the way, the woman behind the inspiration is Vanessa of Shopping, Savings, and Sequins.
    My recent post Dressember Round-Up

37. Taliah says:

You look so classic chic! I actually like your look better than the pic on the right. If i saw you on the street, i would def take a double look!!! Love the trousers!
    Taliah recently posted..Joan Smalls in Givenchy: Pre Fall 2012
    Taliah recently posted..Joan Smalls in Givenchy: Pre Fall 2012

38. Oh lovely, you look so chic in the trench. I love the belt with this look. with thte wide legged pants. -xo