Happy Valentine’s Day!!

I tried to come up with something witty and original for the subject line, but I was drawing a blank so there you have it — Happy Valentine’s Day! LOL!

As I mentioned before, Fab is still working on a project in SC, so we celebrated Valentine’s day all weekend since he had to head back today.  (Actually, I didn’t realize he’d be here yesterday so that was a pleasant surprise!)  Last night, he and I went to The Melting Pot in Midtown.  I’m not sure why, but he’s suddenly acquired a fondness for fondue, and I’d never been to The Melting Pot before so I was excited.  They had a prix fixe menu for Valentine’s day, so we didn’t get to explore the menu but the options we did have were great!  By the end of the night, I was so stuffed, I couldn’t breathe. LOL! It’s supposed to be a meal for two, but I think it was more like a meal for four. LOL!

I suck at self portraits.  I always cut myself out of the picture, but I love this one of Fab LOL!

Fab tried to pretend like he doesn’t know how to take outfit pictures anymore, so pardon the dark pictures! (side-eye…he was totally my photographer before I got a tripod!).  I’m wearing a floral print dress I bought from Cache last winter, but never wore.  I always try to keep things simple for date night. Fab is not a huge fan of my super-blogger outfits LOL!  So, I just wore a pair of jewelmint dangly earrings and my silver pumps, and called it a day.  Fab was happy…

Oh, and if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know we started celebrating Valentine’s day on Sunday. LOL! I made Fab a yummy steak dinner and he bought me a bouquet of gorgeous orange roses after he caught me admiring them at Target. LOL! He knows I am not usually a fan of roses, so it kinda caught him off guard.  Usually roses are just blah to me, but the color of these caught my eye.  All in all, I have to say our weekend was great.  I won’t see Fab again until his birthday later this month, so it was nice to spend some QT together.

Doing Anything Special for Valentine’s Day?

34 Responses to “Happy Valentine’s Day!!”

1. You are glowing!!! You look breathtaking :o)

Glad you and Fab had a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration!!
    My recent post Installed: Ruche the World (Girls)

2. Dr. R says:

You guys looked great. The meal that you made looks heavenly.
    My recent post Happy Valentine's Day – Friends and Lovers

3. Hey Ife
    It’s been awhile since I came through your blog and I know I have so much to catch up on. You look dazzling and so in love (of course I had to say that). Stay stylish :)

4. Rhonda says:

Yes! We started Friday! Hubby and I went to see Kevin Hart and Saturday New Edition! I love The Melting Pot. We go maybe 2 or 3 times a year. You will be hooked. The cache’ dress is fabulous!

5. EbonyCPrincess says:

You look amazing, from head to toe! I love the simple updo and your makeup. I enjoyed reading about your celebration too, great post chica!
    My recent post February 2012 Relaxer Update (pictorial)

6. GorgeousP says:

Aww.. you look so pretty! Love the dress! What a wonderful V-day weekend. I enjoy the Melting Pot and dipping things in fondue. The steak dinner looks deelish too! I love LOVE and you two look so happy!
    My recent post Valentine's Day 2012

7. Brittany says:

That steak dinner looks delicious.

8. Tenisha says:

LOVE the dress! You looked very pretty :)

9. jeimy says:

awww you guys are too cute together!! Happy Vday!!!
    My recent post Making a State(Mint)…

10. megan says:

omg i love this, that dress is amazing
    My recent post Happy Valentine's Day

11. Audrey says:

cute dress and makeup, sis!

12. Bre says:

I have yet to go to The Melting Pot but that asparagus is calling my name.
    You look stunning in that dress and your eyes are popping in all these photos.

My recent post my blurry valentine

13. Tee says:

What a cute couple!!!

14. Tia says:

You guys are sooo cute!

15. tyty says:

OMG eboni This entire look is on point! love the dress and colors! Your hair and make up gorg! and those silver pumps adds the right amount of sexy to this outfit! Love it! Girl you're glowing!!! xoxo Ty
    My recent post "Golden"

16. Momma Sharon says:

Awwww, my babies!! You two are such a beautiful, brainy couple!! 1st, you are shinin' like anew penny, the dress is the BOMB.com! 2nd, that V-day dinner looks good enough to eat right off the computer screen, and any wine names DuBois has got to be deelish!! Kee kee! 3rd, I wish you two at least 70 more Valentine's Day celebrations together!! Great post! :)

17. Rita says:

You looked beautiful Eb! I love the high neck/collar on the dress! Very cute! Thanks for sharing! xo, Rita

18. KeeKee says:

Glad you and your honey enjoyed V-Day! You look darling in that dress!

19. Love that dress! You were booed up all weekend!
    My recent post Neiman Marcus Spring Trend Preview

20. Cherrie says:

You look gorgeous! I love your shoes. Looks like you had a wonderful vday!!

-Cherrie
    My recent post Valentines Day Look: Red, Houndstooth, & Gold

21. Tiffany says:

CUUUUTE!!! I screw up my pics too when I take them. Either I am gone out of the shot or up my nostrils LOL. Cute date night look. You know the men can’t handle crazy blogging drama ;)
    Tiffany recently posted..WTH Style
    Tiffany recently posted..WTH Style

22. Great photos! It looks like you and your sweetheart had a great date!
    My recent post Black on a Rainy Day…

23. You looked so pretty! I'm glad that you spent this holiday in such a romantic way!
    My recent post Photography WordPress Themes

24. Channing says:

What a pretty dress! And you two are a really nice-looking couple. Glad you enjoyed your day :)
    My recent post Rainy Days, The J.Crew Way

25. Taliah says:

Awww….happy belated Valentines Day! You guys look great together!!!

26. jessj says:

I was oohing and awwing and then I got completely jealous at how beautiful and clear Fab's skin is. Hmph. Lol

27. Domino J says:

Wow..I didnt know you were from SC. Thats my hometown!! Love the Outfit http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com
    My recent post Style Icon: Kim K.

28. Alicia says:

Girl you look fab! You’re super beautiful. Loved the whole look. Hope u had a wonderful evening.

Alicia.