Style Me Friday: Inspired by Style Pantry

Happy Friday, lovely people! I am extra chipper this morning because Fab came back home for the weekend. He got in last night! I don’t think I’ve mentioned it, but he actually went back to South Carolina when we got back from California after the holidays, and I’ve only seen him for a total of one day since then! CRAZY, right?!  Needless to say I’ve missed him very much.  We are celebrating Valentines day early since he has to go back to SC on Monday.  We’re gonna have a GREAT weekend!

Today’s Style Me Friday submission is another one from Facebook! Big shout out to Karen for this one. I love it! I am a big fan of my girl Folake over at Style Pantry, so I am more than happy to recreate one of her looks any day.  This outfit is RIGHT up my alley, because it’s all about the shoes.  This is definitely something you’d catch me in on the weekends…at Walmart…LOL! the right pair of shoes can transform any outfit, right? LOL!

Speaking of shoes, I was also really excited because this submission gave me a reason to break out my new purple suede  Steve Madden sandals. I bought them on sale a couple weeks ago for only $21! (I know, right!).  They are still on sale, and they have a couple sizes left in the purple so if you’re interested, move fast!  They also come in black and taupe, and these colors have more sizes available.

H&M Anorak | Mossimo Slouch Tee ($10, Target) | Zara Jeans (yes, I wore these yesterday!) | Steve Madden “Getreal” Sandals | Thrifted Belt (similar) | Jewelmint Necklace | ASOS Bag (Other colors available here and here) |Earrings c/o Seiwa Akoto, ($10) | Geneva Tortoise Watch via AmericasMart (more info to come!) | Charming Charlie Cable Bracelet

Didn’t I just go on a tangent about being too matchy-matchy? And here I am today matching my earrings to my shoes. LOL! I guess it happens sometimes.  Anyway, I love my new earrings.  They are nice and big so they don’t get lost in my curls.  They come in a variety of beautiful African prints/fabrics and they are handmade to order — all for $8 -$10! And for all you ladies out there who may have sensitivity to nickel, the posts on these bad boys are 100% nickel free. Just thought I’d throw that out there. Oh, and Seiwa Akoto is having a Black History Month sale — get 15% off your purchase with promo code 2012SANKOFA15. (p.s. gold star for anyone who knows what Sankofa means!).

And, here is a closeup shot of all three pairs of earrings she sent me!

p.s. I am trying something new with the layout of the inspiration/inspired picture. I realized that you guys may not have been able to see all the details in the inspiration picture because I was shrinking it before. Then again, some of the submission pictures are just small, so this may not work either.  Anyway, just tell me how you like it. I’ll probably be playing with it each week until I get it just right.

Have a GREAT weekend!!! XOXO

29 Responses to “Style Me Friday: Inspired by Style Pantry”

1. Lynn says:

Eboni, you NAILED it!!!! Those shoes are darling and the earrings are cute!
    My recent post POW!!!!

2. tasha says:

You're killing them with this look. Super cute and chic. Aaaaww to missing Fab. Yall are such a cute couple.
    My recent post Patra Sequin Blouse

3. Carsedra says:

You nailed this one!!! I love this outfit, especially those shoes and handbag!!!!

Carsedra of:
    My recent post Just Thinking and Outfit Of The Day

4. Love it all missy!! Love the purple shoes, the slouchy jeans, the chic but casual vibe of the whole outfit. Oh, and I can’t forget the fabulous metallic bag. A++++!
    Fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- Twin’s Style
    Fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- Twin’s Style

5. Kym says:

I love the laid-back dressiness of this outfit. It’s so perfect for everyday. I’m definitely going to have to try this.
    Kym recently posted..January Favorites
    Kym recently posted..January Favorites

6. Karen S-G says:

Yayyy you rocked my pick. You knocked it out of the park and your hair is super cute.

7. [...] so when I was checking to make sure my $21 Steve Madden purple suede sandals were still available, I also stumbled upon the rest of Steve Madden’s clearance section, and [...]

8. Nikell says:

I love this look! This is a favorite post of the day for me…two of my favorite fashion bloggers in one post (^_^). I think I'll have to recreate this one myself.
    My recent post Mod.s.t Fashion Look of The week: Clashing Colors

9. Fredetta says:

great job! those shoes and earrings are fab!

10. Tima says:

My oh my those shoes are too much for me. I love them!!! Great post!

Editor & Chic

11. the shoes are absolutely GORGEOUS… love the outfit!
    My recent post DIY Valentine Inspiration

12. @IMPR4Less says:

Cute, Cute, Cute! And your hair has been looking fabulous lately!!

13. Tia says:

I live for Style Me Fridays! Great Job!!!
    My recent post Urban at 'Fro Fashion Week: Part One

14. Dinesha says:

ugh I love your shoes and necklace and your hair love the whole look!!!!!
    My recent post When I Have An Infinite Amount Of Money

15. NiCole says:

Very cute
    NiCole recently posted..Go Red for Women…Macy’s Sale
    NiCole recently posted..Go Red for Women…Macy’s Sale

16. 7eventh Letter says:

Get it girl! You nailed it. LIVE for Folake's style! She is something fierce. You did a wonderful job and I went to look for those shoes, but they don't have my size in purple UGH. Still want that purse by the way!!! LOL!!!

7eventh Letter http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/
    My recent post And I'm Proud!

17. jeimy says:

love it you did great!!!
    My recent post Fluffy Sweater…

18. andrea says:

Proof that shoes can really transform an outfit. The jeans and t shirt are very ordinary but those gorgeous purple platform sandals turn this look into something far edgier. I'm impressed and also a little bit in love with those shoes.
    My recent post Karen Millen Shoes

19. Monica W says:

You are going to be the death of my budget! LOL. I LOVE THIS BAG!

20. megan says:

omg i love this, those shoes are amazing.
    My recent post Nutella Stuffed French Toast

21. drenouch says:

It is much wiser if you spend money buying fashionable clothing that would really fit you. Not to mention if you will buy them “ON SALE” now that is cool! Anyways it is more alright if you will wear comfortable clothes; but please wear ones that looks good on you.
    drenouch recently posted..this website
    drenouch recently posted..this website

22. jemappelleshen says:

You worked it! Love how you accessorized, the shoes and handbag are fierce!

jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

23. Anay A says:

OMG I LOVE that bag!!!!! and I don't like big bags… I now have a duty. lol You look great and you did a good job with your inspired look. I am now inspired to take this whole outfit lol
    My recent post Want of the Day: Boutique 9 Detective

24. gina says:

Great shoes!

I love all the inspired-by posts you've been doing. I enjoy seeing your take on the outfits, and I've found some great new bloggers to follow through those posts, as well as from your guest posts by other bloggers. Thanks!

25. Channing says:

Preeeeeetty shoess! Can I have them?? ;-p
    My recent post Rainy Days, The J.Crew Way

26. Taliah says:

The shoes has seriously put this entire outfit together! Love purple and to top it off they are suede! Nice Style me Friday doll!
    Taliah recently posted..Pleats and Zigzags
    Taliah recently posted..Pleats and Zigzags

27. CG♥ says:

I love this look!! Super cute!!

xoxo, CG♥