What I Wore: Fro Fashion Week

Hi lovely people! I hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was excellent! I had the honor of attending Spring ’12 Fro Fashion Week as a Press Supporter, and I must say I had the most amazing time! I have about 500 photos to sort through, but I thought I could at least share my outfits for the weekend. (and you can check out some of the photos I posted on Facebook, too!)

First up, this is what I wore to the Blogger Brunch on Saturday.  I went for a little color blocking action with my new orange blazer over a sheer purple-ish blouse.  I actually have pants the exact same shade of purple that I wanted to wear, but they required pumps and my feet required wedges for what was sure to be a long day of walking.  So, I wore black cropped pants and my black Sole Society wedge booties instead.

On Saturday evening, they hosted a VIP reception for press and bloggers followed by a swanky penthouse party!   Since I knew I wouldn’t have time to come home and change, I threw a purple body con dress in my tote bag with my laptop and camera.  After all the workshops ended, I swapped out my blouse and pants for the dress, and I was good to go! I am so mad I didn’t get a good shot with my shoes, but I’m just wearing the same wedge booties. They are SO CUTE with a mini… totally edgy!

Sunday morning, my feet were still barking at me for forcing them to run around in semi-heels all day Saturday.  They refused to cooperate with anything but flats, so I opted for my Bakers flat cognac slouchy OTK boots.  They complemented my utilitarian-chic ensemble perfectly.   I wore my black cupcake skirt, with my black Old Navy u-neck tee, and topped everything off with my go-to H&M anorak.  A fun, frilly brooch was the perfect finishing touch!

So, I have been informed that I MUST do a video tutorial for my bantu knots, because I don’t do the two-strand twist version that seems to be pretty popular.  That actually doesn’t work for me, and when I’ve tried it that way, my results are COMPLETELY different.  So, I am on it! I really just need to go buy a standing mirror because I cannot do my hair in the webcam.  I just get all discombobulated (I have zero coordination as it is!).  Somebody told me that some beauty and hair bloggers put a mirror behind the camera to help with this.  Makes complete sense,  so I am going to give it a try.

Anyway, a full Fro Fashion Week recap is coming soon!  In the meantime, have a GREAT week!

30 Responses to “What I Wore: Fro Fashion Week”

1. relatablestyle says:

Your outfits are fab! The third one is my favorite :-)
    My recent post Inspiration Monday: Choose one

2. I love all three looks. I am really in love with the orange blazer and of course that third look is FAB!
    foodfashionandflow recently posted..Meow…
    foodfashionandflow recently posted..Meow…

3. Lynn says:

You look stunning… the 3rd FIT is my FAVE and your hair is really cute!!!! :))
    My recent post Brownie… OOTD

4. jeimy says:

those outfits are gorgeous honey great looks!
    My recent post Ruffles…

5. This event sounds fabulous and you totally looked the part my dear, cant wait for more deets

Sunnie
    (.=

6. Shade' says:

Love your outfits, especially the first one! Love your orange blazer.
    My recent post Win a Shamballa Bracelet!

7. Tammie says:

You looked so pretty!
    My recent post Timeless Classic…

8. Tia says:

Please do a vid on your bantu-knot out! Gorge!!!
    My recent post Urban at 'Fro Fashion Week: Part One

9. Hey gorgeous! I LOVE that green anorak jacket look with those boots! Uggh, I know what you mean my feet were shouting at me the other day for wearing stilettos for 9hrs. but, how fabulous! haha! As always you look amazing lady. -xo

10. Hmm… good idea about the mirror! Anyway, so cool that you got to go to this!! I think outfits #1 and #3 are my fav, but OF COURSE you look dang fabulous in any and everything!!! :) XO
    My recent post Orange & Stripes!

11. Fun outfits! I absolutely love the first one!
    My recent post Go Frannie! It's Yo Birthday! BDay Week Inspiration No. 1

12. These looks are so cute! I really like the purple & red combos!
    My recent post Miss Selfridge & Dorothy Perkins: Art Deco Looks

13. Rocquelle says:

Every outfit is so cute!! I especially adore your color blocking (no surprise there)!
    Rocquelle recently posted..Becoming Red
    Rocquelle recently posted..Becoming Red

14. Erika says:

You look great…As always! I really love the 3rd one…I'm so inspired!
    My recent post #FDTHRIFT Finds

15. Rita says:

Gorgggg as per usual…I love orange and purple together! As far as filming, believe it or not I film on an HD flip (which doesn't have a viewfinder-is that what it's called?) I just position a mirrior behind it so I can semi see what the camera is picking up. It's a little more complicated but it works for me, better than buying a new camera anyway. I just work with what I got! =) xo, Rita

16. Great photos, loving that purple top & the black skirt.

17. I love the third look and your hair looked great!
    My recent post Game Day Glam – Super Bowl Edition

18. Hi Doll!

I absolutely LOVE the blazer and while I am not bold enough to wear a sheer top, it looks great on you. Check me out when you can (newbie blogger) at FashionistaStyles dot com
    Heard about you over at Prissy's blog and I am Loving it all! ;)

Niurka
    My recent post Green and Leopard…Can’t Go Wrong!

19. Shen Dove says:

Sounds like it was a really cool event! I like all three of your looks but especially the two that feature your bright tomato colored blazer.
    My recent post Casual in plaid

20. This red jacket makes me really crazy!!!!!)))))))I like it!
    My recent post Fashion WordPress Themes

21. This weekend was too fun! So happy you were there as well! It is going to take forever to get these pictures together!
    My recent post Fro Fashion Week: Mama on the Runway

22. I love the orange blazer, the purple-ish blouse and those boots! Very cute!!
    My recent post Are you, your greatest masterpiece?

23. 7eventh Letter says:

You look so cute Eboni. I love the quick change you did with the Bodycon Dress. And your hair is FABULOUS!!!!!! I love it!

7eventh Letter
    My recent post And I'm Proud!

24. Fashion Pad says:

Super cute looks. Especially loving the 3rd outfit…HAUTE!

25. kay says:

I love the quick change you did with the Bodycon Dress

26. Melissa says:

Well you look o pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it doesn't even matter what jacket you wear

27. Bre says:

You look so dang cute in all three outfits. You are great and look good in color blocking!
    My recent post black and tan

28. You are more fabulous in that outfit! I love the second outfit of yours you look more fantastic!
    My recent post Timber Doors

29. Cute Cute Cute!!!!! I love the sheer blouse!

30. […] everything, and it’s all cash & carry! I picked up a bunch of FUN accessories including this necklace & this watch for well below retail.  I don’t have a resale license obviously, so I […]