First Signs of Spring: Sheer & Pleats

So, I’m watching Gossip Girl again.  I finally made it to season 3, and more importantly Chuck and Blair are finally a couple. I was really fed up with those two fighting the love. LOL!  I love them together.  I’m sure it won’t last (don’t tell me!)… Oh, and Serena is getting on my nerves with her “woe is me” routine.

In other news, it was 80 degrees in Atlanta today.  I couldn’t resist breaking out the bare legs…and the bare arms…and sandals!  I bought this top at H&M a few weeks ago…I kinda have a love-hate relationship with it.  It’s really not very flattering on me…sleeveless, crew-neck-ish, and billowy…hello, linebacker! Buuuuuut, I loved the sheer-ness, the the high-low hemline, and the watercolor print, so I’m trying to make it work!

H&M Blouse | Pleated Skirt via TJ Maxx | Nine West Sandals c/o Tanger Outlets (these are also cute!) | ASOS Bag (sold out in this color, other colors available here, here, and here) | Necklaces via AmericasMart & My Name Necklace | Guess Earrings via Burlington Coat Factory

The weather is not going to be cooling down anytime soon, so I think I’m gonna need to go lay out on the lawn or something. Good LORD, my legs are white!  I could also use a pedicure…

So, I am giving “protective styling” a go…I don’t love it, but I really have to figure out something to do with my hair.  You guys know how much I love the bantu knots, but they are a lot of work, and it was becoming a little unmanageable.   I’d literally have to plan my weekends and around my hair…if I wanted my hair to be fresh on Saturday, I’d have to do my hair on Thursday and let it dry all day Friday…that is TWO whole days dedicated to hair preparation.  Unfortunately, I can’t do a good wash ‘n go yet…not until I get rid of these straight ends.  So,  in between the bantu knot-outs, I’d like to try some “protective styles” or just something that is easier than a hairstyle that takes three days to accomplish…oh, and I also don’t want to fall back into the ponytail rut!

Thanks for stopping by!! xoxo.

22 Responses to “First Signs of Spring: Sheer & Pleats”

1. Love that shirt…oh & stay tuned in cause Gossip Girl gets better
    That Girl E… recently posted..Walking In New Shoes
    That Girl E… recently posted..Walking In New Shoes

2. Hope Grant says:

I can see you wearing that short with some pastel or bright shorts!! It's cute! … and so are you!

3. Ariel B says:

I so love Gossip Girl and you are so far behind. I will fight that urge to tell you what is going on or about my secret crush on Chuck Bass. I digress. I love your hair like this, it is very chic.
    My recent post FD Guest Blogging: ASW Florida’s Finest Series

4. Yuliya says:

Le sac est trop canon ♥
    Bisous
    Yu'
    My recent post Head'Band

5. G.Danielle says:

I too struggle with finding protective styles that are cute enough to leave the house in. Lol. Yours looks good. Show us te back!
    G.Danielle recently posted..Style Book: Trenched
    G.Danielle recently posted..Style Book: Trenched

6. I love your H&M blouse. I've been on the hunt for high-low blouses so I'll have to check out the store soon. I have been wearing locs for 4 years and my hair is at a length where I have no idea what to do with it, so I know how you feel about styling your natural hair. I am so behind on my Gossip Girl. I was on Season 4 I think, so I won't spoil anything for you. Great post!
    My recent post Let Me Sleep On It

7. This top is magical on you, Eb! And welcome to the super white leg club. I'm president. LOL.
    My recent post Mattie Mani: Stiletto Nails

8. Carsedra says:

This outfit is so cute!! I love the shirt and how you paired it with the leopard print sandals!!!

Carsedra of:

9. Tyra says:

That shirt is beyond! Love this whole outfit – shoes, shirt, skirt, hair – all of it!
    My recent post To Outfit Post or Not to Outfit Post…That is the Question.

10. sundaze says:

Have you tried letting your hair dry halfway (airdry or sit under a cool dryer) before putting in the bantu knots? I do this before bed and my hair is dry in the morning.

11. jeimy says:

you look beautiful love the long and short of this look !!
    My recent post Tweed & Neon…

12. This blouse is absolutely amazing, I like it)
    My recent post Fashion WordPress Themes

13. Jay says:

Hmmm I dont love the shirt :(
    Jay recently posted..Travel Packing
    Jay recently posted..Travel Packing

14. Chi Chi says:

Have you tried “curl formers” yet? You can google it but Naptural85 on You Tube has a great tutorial. It gives more of a curls on stretched hair type of look, but it may work well for you.

Anyway, I like your hair in this pic!

15. Tiffany says:

Hair can really be unruly sometimes. I am letting my color grow out before my wedding and it drives me nutty. I enjoy the shirt. Girl put some tanning spray in and lay out. They will be golden legs in no time ;)
    Tiffany recently posted..Sad but True
    Tiffany recently posted..Sad but True

16. Melissa says:

Your shoes are absolutely amazing and caught my attention at the first sight
    My recent post Ultramodern Interior & Furniture WordPress Templates

17. Veronica says:

Very pretty! Love the shirt!
    My recent post This Month's Inspiration Vol. I

18. lyddiegal says:

I love your leopard sandals! They are so gorgeous and are a great way to mix prints!
    My recent post Return to the sea

19. Channing says:

I love Chuck and Blair, too! And this look, this hair is so cute! That top does not make you look like a linebacker, they aren't nearly as gorge.
    My recent post Here's Your Spring 2012 Trend Checklist!

20. Love how you put the outfit together, you tried and succeeded! Love the shirt, going to venture out on a limb and get one ;-) And, the shoes are gorgeous!
    My recent post My Shade of Brown April Pillow Box Review