Neutral Know How: Ivory + Buttercream Yellow

I’ve totally been slacking on taking outfit pictures, so today I was DETERMINED to take pictures by any means…and of course, it rained!  I know, I know…I really need to get my life together and learn the proper settings for taking pictures indoors.  And, speaking of camera settings, I bought a remote trigger for my camera hoping to use the aperture mode to get those nice shots with the blurred out backgrounds….yeah, not so much!  I guess it’s gonna take some practice because I can’t get the darn thing to focus ON ME…and most of my shots are just blurry.  Clearly, I just don’t know what I’m doing. LOL! If anyone has tips, I’m all ears…

So, silver lining on those dreary gray rain clouds was the realization that it was cool enough outside to wear a nice little jacket! I know I’ve complained in the past about the inability to wear any type of cute jacket or blazer once it heats up in Atlanta.  I love the soft yellow color of and cropped silhouette of this little tweed number, and I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to wear it!

Jacket via a Sample Sale (similar) | Xhileration Tunic (Old, similar) | Victoria Secret Pants (similar) | Jessica Simpson Pumps (old, similar under $100) | I know you guys must be sick of this ASOS Bag (here & here)

A funny story about these pants…they don’t have back pockets, and we all know how UNFLATTERING pants with no back pockets can be…a** for days, right?!  So Fab walks in as I’m getting dressed,and says “Damn babe! Your bootie is lookin’ kinda big in those pants.” (Disclaimer: In real life, I have no bootie!) So, I reply “It’s just the pants, babe…no back pockets.”  And he says “You need to buy all pants with no back pockets.”

*side eye*

I then proceeded to tell him that I almost NEVER buy pants with no back pockets because they are so unflattering.l.I bought these online and debated about returning them forever, but ultimately decided I could make them work with longer shirts and jackets (hence the tunic I am wearing here).  Of course, Fab disagrees, wholeheartedly.  I am just always baffled by how differently men see things. It cracks me up!

Anyway, this is Neutral Know-How outfit #15…we’re almost there! We’ve got five more outfits to go.  Honestly, I’ve got two out of five planned out…the other three are kinda up in the air.  I am missing a few pieces from my wardrobe — lime green for one of the khaki pairings, and canteloupe for one of the olive pairings.  In the olive category, I am also struggling to come up with a look for the celery pairing.  I have a celery green sweater, but I don’t think I’ll be able to pull it off unless the weather drops another 10 degrees.  I may be improvising with a few stand-in colors… we’ll see!

Thanks for stopping by! XOXO.

13 Responses to “Neutral Know How: Ivory + Buttercream Yellow”

1. Jarette says:

Cute outfit and your hair is growing like crazy ….
    My recent post First Time buying Brazilan Hair from Alliexpress Review

2. Dominique says:

LOL your husbands comments always crack me up yes it is funny how men see things differently I can LOVE an outfit on myself and he'll be like ehhh if it's not too sexy smh
    My recent post Gray Skies

3. Jamie says:

Ok, a few things:
    1) I hate that about Atlanta. I'm an Atlantan as well and it bugs me that I have so many cute blazers/sweaters/scarves and you only get about 3 months of the year to wear them. And it doesn't help that so many fashion bloggers wear them and inspire me to do new things with them but there's not cool weather!
    2) I laughed when you discussed the pants. My hubby is a butt man and has certain pants that he requests when we go on a date because of how they make my non-existent bootie look – and 2 of them are no-back-pockets-pants!
    3) I love that blazer! So cute! Did it come with the flower or did you add that yourself?
    My recent post [Link Up] 7 Questions

4. Mskroberts says:

I never knew that about the pockets…I have quite a bit going on back there already, so I tend to look for pocket -less pants or at least try to pay attention to pocket size.
    I've really enjoyed your neutral know-how posts, great job!

5. Ife–this might be one of my fave outfits of this challenge thus far. I LOVE your tweed blazer, that great shear tunic and your heels. LOL about Fab and the no back pockets thing. I can TOTALLY relate to you guys' arguments over fashion. Case in point–I ask Patrick last night what color he thought the top I was wearing earlier was. He was like "Babe, I love you, but honestly I don't really notice what you wear sometimes." Me–:-O Him–"well, you look good, but I just don't pay attention!" Well thank you! Thus proving how we women just dress for other women. I'm fine with it. ;-)
    My recent post Eh What Do Boys Know

6. Carsedra says:

Love this outfit, the colors together are great!! The blazer/jacket looks perfect for spring!! LOL at your husband!!

I have a tweed blazer I missed the chance to wear when it was cooler. The colors are more fall colors so I don't know if I would pull it off right now, so it will have to wait until fall comes around again.

Carsedra of:

7. Chioma A. says:

Loving the silver bag and shoes, they add something extra to the look! And i go through the same thing with my boyfriend lol. They dont know anything when it comes to fashion!

Chioma
    CsEvolutionofStyle.com
    Chioma A. recently posted..Red Pops!!
    Chioma A. recently posted..Red Pops!!

8. askniab says:

Hilarious about the pants! So, how many more are you going to buy (lol!)? I love this look; so cute! Your bag and shoes really amp this look up. Also, your hair is extra cute! ;-)
    My recent post Flaky Situation

9. Chilel Aissitou says:

We need a pic of the pocketless pants so that we can understand what you are talking about being unflattering lol. Maybe Fab is right and it just looks great on you…I aways like your neutral know how challenges…so inspiring
    My recent post How is my art? (The Linchpin)

10. Jelena says:

Lovely look, pretty soft colors, wonderful jacket and shoes!
    xoxo
    Jelena

11. Amanda says:

You know, I'm your big fan. You have an excellent sense of style! I like it all!
    My recent post Business WordPress Themes

12. Melissa says:

Except everything, you have very bright and colorful umbrella) I like it
    My recent post How To Build Your Own Blog Site.