Old Navy Retro Flare Jeans

Last week Fab and I attended an advanced screening of Johnny Depp’s new movie, Dark Shadows.  The screening was hosted by Bossip and some of their other partners, and they also hosted a fun happy hour before the movie at Strip, so Fab and I made a date of it (even though neither one of us is all that fond of Strip…that place is so overrated and the food is just okay, at best.)  The movie wasn’t bad…Fab didn’t particularly enjoy it, but I did.  It was Johnny Depp playing the same role he’s been playing in his last few movies, and i guess that character is kinda played, but no less enjoyable for me.

Anyway, I am only slightly obsessed with my new Old Navy flare jeans.  I’ve had them less than a month, and you guys already saw them here, but you can bet I’ve worn them a bunch of other times “off camera” as well.  They are my new faves!  Finding perfect fitting jeans is hard as it is…and finding perfect fitting flares is especially tricky because the bell has to break at just the right place…and the leg opening has to be just the right size for your shoes…and they have to be just the right length so they just  barely sweep the floor…and in my case, I was really going for a retro feel so the right wash a must, and a high-rise was preferable.  Old Navy’s hi-rise flare was perfect in every way, except they don’t carry the “long” length in stores, and the regular length was too short.  I generally prefer to try jeans on, so I kept passing on buying the jeans online.  Well, about a month ago, I got lucky and stumbled upon these on a clearance rack at an Old Navy way on the other side of town.  They were an online return, and they are actually one size too big, but I think that lends to the overall vintage feel.  The only negative was they weren’t really on clearance (grr!), but I bought them anyway.

Dana Buchanan Top (old, Kohl’s) | Old Navy Retro Flare Jeans | Walmart Necklace (similar, love this one!) | Thrifted Bag

I also love this top…I bought it last summer and only wore it once! Have y’all noticed I’ve been reaching deep in my closet to pull out some of my old “favorite” pieces.  I really have to be better about remixing my closet!  I have A LOT of clothes that I just never wear.  I’m getting better…

Happy Monday!!! Have a GREAT Week! XOXO.

27 Responses to “Old Navy Retro Flare Jeans”

1. Cathy says:

One of my favorite looks you've done…LOVE these flare jeans!

xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl
    My recent post The Sun And The Sand And A Drink In My Hand With No Bottom And No Shoes, No Shirt, And No Problems…

2. fashionablytardy says:

The color combo on this outfit looks great…retro always works!
    My recent post Insta-glams

3. T.Espi says:

Dear Eboni, Imma need that whole outfit! Love the retro vibe. You betta work girl!

4. Rocquelle says:

You look so pretty Eboni! I love the turquoise and pinkish purples together. Those jeans are fabulous! I dont find jeans in Old Navy that fit me that well, so score for you!
    Rocquelle recently posted..EVERYTHING
    Rocquelle recently posted..EVERYTHING

5. cait4peace says:

I am so jealous of these jeans, the fit, wash, and length is perfect on you! I'm terrible about shopping my closet, things just seem to vanish once I hang them up, but like you I'm really starting to dig deep and unearth some of my "forgotten favorites". Your pink print top looks perfect against the bright turquoise accessories. (PS that bag is too fab!)

6. joyandsunshine says:

Great jeans in the perfect wash, and I love that they're so long. (I have a similar pair – Calvin Klein's from ages ago – that are too short to wear with heels.) Your hi-lo top looks amazing with those jeans. Also, I agree with you about Strip…Atl has lots of great restaurants, but I don't think that's one of them. I'm sure somebody likes it, though.

J&S
    My recent post Spotlight: CB2

7. Chioma A says:

Loving the overall vintage feel of this look! I have the same issues with ON never carrying longs. So GAP jeans are my go to lol

Chioma
    CsEvolutionofStyle.com
    Chioma A recently posted..Grape Stripes…
    Chioma A recently posted..Grape Stripes…

8. askniab says:

I love this look! You look so fly!

When you last featured them, I was determined to find them! Was a tough job, but I hunted those suckers D.O.W.N! I have a similar pair from Urban Outfitters that I love, so I had to have these (bonus was I got them super cheap!).
    <a href="http://www.askniab.com” target=”_blank”>www.askniab.com
    My recent post Monday's Mane Review: Carol's Daughter Macadamia Heat Setting Foam and Healthy Hair Butter Combo

9. Audrey says:

love this outfit, sis!

10. It is always nicw to pull some of our favorite pieces from the past! I love this outfit!

11. Melissa says:

The bag is absolutely amazing. I like it most of all in your today's style
    My recent post Creative And Gorgeous Content Web Templates

12. Courtney says:

<3 the top!

13. Jamie says:

I love everything about this look. The shirt is adorable and so is the clutch! You have such fabulous style.

My recent post [Fashion] If It Kills Me

14. Big Girl says:

Cute outfit esp. the top. A tip about Old Navy. I was told that online returns to the store were always 50 percent off because they are an online item they probably don't carry. I know once they are marked down, you are not supposed to be able to return them.
    My recent post Finally! My April Birchbox Review

15. Nikell says:

I love the color combo! I'm a big fan on flare and wide leg jeans. They're modesty and so comfy!
    My recent post What Kind of Ground Are You? Part 3 of 3

16. meganzietz says:

omghad you look incredible!
    My recent post Going Tribal

17. @momtrends says:

Ohh, I love that clutch! Thanks for showing off your style this week on Monday Mingle.
    My recent post Celebrating Color and Decor Ideas with Shawn Rabideau

18. montana02 says:

Very nice outfit. You look fabulous on your pants. I love it!

19. Taliah says:

These jeans are lovely! I am feeling the laid back boho chic hippie vibe you have here! cute!!!
    My recent post Marc by Marc Jacobs Summer 2012 Lookbook

20. Those jeans are definitely the right fit and flare! I have only one pair of bells for the same reasons you listed above….it's so hard to find a pair that complements my shape well. Love your look.

BTW, I officially suck at blog stalking these days. It's hard enough commenting back to the lovely folks who visit daily. I got a lot going on but the blogger support is still there….just gotta make more time to show love. Oh yea…and I'm loving your hair hunni!
    My recent post Should I…..or Shouldn't I….That is the Question!

21. love love love flare jeans and they look great on you! Do they come in long lengths?

22. Carsedra says:

You look fabulous, loving this entire outfit!!! The colors are great, the style of the shirt with the flare jeans and then the accessories, fabulous!!!

Carsedra of:

23. Glamamom says:

Beautiful! Turq and purple are one of my fave color combos.
    My recent post #BEAUTYGIFTCARD Twitter Party, 5/15

24. Stesha says:

That top and bag are EVERYTHING! I’m on the fence about flare jeans for myself. I’m 5’3 and they don’t seem to elongate my legs at all. Maybe I need to look at different brands.

Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha
    Stesha recently posted..Things We Love: Mobile Shops
    Stesha recently posted..Things We Love: Mobile Shops

25. Kristin says:

Those flares are crazy awesome!

26. We could be twins :) Question, does this really flattens the tummy as it says? and what size did u get?