Style Me Friday: Coral Boyfriend Shorts

I have to thank my girl Prissy for sending over this Style Me Friday submission. It was perfect for my laid back mood. And, I don’t know about you ladies, but loose-fitting clothes make me feel sassy. LOL…even more so than tight clothes, sometimes.  Am I crazy? Anyway, I bought these NY & Company shorts about a year ago at TJ Maxx for something like $5.  I love coral, and I love fit of these shorts…they remind me a lot of my GAP olive shorts.  Unfortunately, like so many other items in my closet, I bought ‘em, brought ‘em home, and forgot all about ‘em…never wore them even once!  When Prissy sent this look over, I replied and told her that I didn’t think I had the right pieces in my close to pull the look off. (insert side eye here).  About 20 minutes later, I emailed her back and told her I lied. Lol!!

I really hate that you can’t see the color of my shoes in these pictures. I just couldn’t figure out the light today…I think it was just a bad time to be taking pictures…lots of shadows and gray feet. smh.  You’ll just have to take my word for it when I tell you these shoes are the prettiest shade of turquoise.  I usually wear pretty high heels, but these are great for any of you who prefer a mid-heel height.  Of course, they’re from Sole Society, and they are real suede!! (they also come in two other colors!).

GAP Blouse (similar under $50)| NY & Company Shorts (old, similar under $50) | Sole Society “Noah” ($50) | Vintage Clutch | Forever 21 Necklace

***Submit looks for next week’s Style Me Friday here!***

Have a GREAT weekend! XOXO

32 Responses to “Style Me Friday: Coral Boyfriend Shorts”

1. Really cute interpretation! Nicely done!

xoxo http://natashafatah.com
    My recent post I Heart Toronto….Tourists

2. manvigandotra says:

Thats so coool! :)You look pretty!

3. jennifer says:

LOVE this look! you look amazing!
    My recent post Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

4. Nice simple chic day look. The colors play well together.
    My recent post <a href="http://fashiondevotee.com/2012/5/FD-Author-Style-Tribal+Print-Fishtail-Dress">FD Author Style: Tribal Print Fishtail Dress

5. Tia says:

Love this look! Dying over that clutch!!!
    My recent post Brit Girl Does: Funk and Fashion Happy Hour &amp; Screening

6. Rocquelle says:

So cute!! You are not crazy; I feel super sassy, sexy, and confident in loose fitting clothes.

Those shorts are great, and I hope you let them see more sunlight!

Love the shoes! They don’t look grey :-).
    Rocquelle recently posted..SMILE
    Rocquelle recently posted..SMILE

7. Courtney says:

I love the addition of the yellow clutch! It's such a simple yet sophisticated outfit.

8. askniab says:

You look lovely and the additional pop of color from your bag is all that! I have that same necklace and love it. You put your personal touch on this look and it SO works!!
    My recent post It's All Frizzy

9. SiSi says:

love that coral color! what are your wearing on your nails? they match:]
    My recent post Review: Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

10. I love these colors! Espcially the shorts and heels!
    My recent post Tailored pants and Long Fun

11. Completely agree. I love looser clothes. With tighter ones, I always feel like I am pulling or adjusting all day. This is a great look Ife! I love the shorts to pieces and I can kind of tell the color of the shoes. At any rate, I love them! Have a great weekend!
    My recent post Heat Stroke

12. This has got to be one of my favorite looks! Simple, yet so chic! My favorite thing about this look? The fact that you paired it with Turq and Yellow…Genius!

xoxo
    Reign http://www.koutureign.com
    My recent post Now Stalking: Neon Blazers

13. Jamie says:

I've been looking for a shirt like this but I have been back and forth about buying one, solely because 9 months out of the year I live in short sleeves or tanks because of our weather here in the A. I love the way that it's a slightly unstructured look for a button down, and it's flowy and versatile, but I'm just not sure it will get enough wear in my closet. What do you think? Worth the buy?
    My recent post [Fashion] This Is Great Advice

14. Taliah says:

Cute shorts! Love the color combo and you’re right, Prissy submitted a great look!
    Taliah recently posted..Friday Randoms & Discoveries
    Taliah recently posted..Friday Randoms & Discoveries

15. Naja says:

Great look, Love this comfy casual look and how perfect is it for Spring!! Any your hair is GORGE, love the curls!
    xoxo,
    NajaDiamond
    My recent post Naja News!! Featured in Essence June 2012!

16. joyandsunshine says:

I love the look and colors of this outfit! Boyfriend shorts look crazy on me, but you really wear them well :-)

J&S
    My recent post Creamed Spinach

17. Very cute! Love the shorts!

18. Corie says:

Very cute Eboni! Again with that big smile of yours…
    Love the outfit; a great choice from Prissy.
    My recent post Thursday Thoughts: Mispronounced Words

19. You nailed it! The color combo is so gorgeous!
    My recent post On the Good Ship Lollipop

20. Carsedra says:

Really cute outfit, love the color of the shorts and pumps!!!

Carsedra of:

21. LOVE this!!! Which reminds me, I need to buy more colored cargo shorts :)
    My recent post An Ode to My Mother

22. Love the color-blocking that's going on!

xo,Cortnie http://stylelustpages.com
    My recent post Orange Cream &amp; Sour Apple

23. Reginia says:

Nailed perfectly.
    My recent post Saturday Shoutout – v. 2

24. I love your shorts and the green shoes. I'm looking for a green wedge shoes that I can wear with my black top and pants. I hope I could find the perfect one.
    My recent post Green Clean: The Eco-Friendly Laundry Room

25. Melissa says:

Just 2 days ago I bought coral dress and blouse, I have already become a big fan of this color
    My recent post Most Brilliant Examples Of jQuery Gallery Web Templates

26. Hi pretty lady! Love this look. The colors work so well together and you look so fab!

27. Heide19 says:

You look so gorgeous with that outfit. i love the color of your shorts and shoes. Thanks for sharing this with us!
    My recent post Arowana – a prized investment catch or …

28. arti-arte says:

love your neck piece & you have amazing style

29. Dee says:

Those heels from sole society are gorgeous! Do they run true to size though? I’ve never had any luck ordering online!