Style Me Friday: Pops of Color Inspired by J. Crew

Happy Friday! In true Eboni fashion, I am rushing to get this post up Friday morning.  Last night, I threw a tantrum because Fab didn’t want to wash the dishes, so instead of cooking I took myself to Olive Garden (love that dang salad!). LOL!!! I know, I should be ashamed.  The joke was on me though…the Olive Garden by my house is new, and apparently this was their first busy night since opening.  I sat at the bar, and the poor bartender was swamped and had no one to help her.  Because ultimately, I couldn’t let Fab starve, I ordered him some food to go right when they conveniently ran out of breadsticks… so I said I’d wait…who knew bread sticks took 30minutes to bake?  FINALLY, the bread came out and I made my way home only to encounter a construction road block less than a half mile from my house ON MY STREET! The stupid officer wouldn’t let me pass, which was fine, but there were NO detour signs and he wouldn’t get out of his patrol car to give me directions… he basically stared at me like he didn’t see me gesturing for help….a**hole!  So I had to find my way home on my ow…which wouldn’t have been so hard if Georgia believed in blocks instead of random long highways that don’t intersect for miles…After driving around in the biggest circle ever, I finally made it home 30 minutes later.  I guess I should have stayed home and washed the dishes myself, right? LOL!  Needless to say, blogging last night was out of the question. hehe!

Anyway, today’s look was submitted by my girl Erica over at Joy and Sunshine (hi Erica!).  It’s another look from J. Crew (I’ve done a coupe in the past) and they are always fun!  I don’t shop J. Crew very often because their prices are just insane (although I am set on buying these leopard shorts), but I think what sets J. Crew apart from their competitors is their impeccable styling.  When you think about it, their clothes are primarily basics…well tailored basics in luxe fabrications, but basics nonetheless…but they do a great job at keeping the styling fresh and unexpected so it works for the daring dresser and the conservative dresser, too!

Anyway, what I love about this look is the cool, unexpected pops of color…not just one pop…but multiple pops.  I wish I had those J. Crew skinnies, but I found jeans in the lightest wash I own, and paired them with my Versona green bib necklace, my blue Linea Pelle bag, and my coral Sole Society wedges…and I think I did a good job capturing the color story of the inspiration look! What do you think?

Mossimo V-neck | Zara Jeans (similar) | Sole Society “Phebe” (sold out) | Linea Pelle for Target bag (old) | Necklace c/o Versona Accessories

…oh, and this bun in myhead… let’s not even talk about it! LOL!

***Submit looks for next week’s Style Me Friday here! ***

Thanks for stopping by!! XOXO.

*Inspiration image via J. Crew

21 Responses to “Style Me Friday: Pops of Color Inspired by J. Crew”

1. Shade' says:

You always hit the nail on the head. You look great!
    Shade’ recently posted..This vs. That | Chanel Classic Flap Bag
    Shade’ recently posted..This vs. That | Chanel Classic Flap Bag

2. Those shoes are to.die.for….such a perfect pop and the kelly green is perfect. You pulled this look off for sure!
    My recent post They’re bacccckkkkk

3. Oh nicely done hon!
    You look great!
    I've been trying my hand at this recreating a look that inspires me too. Done two so far. Pretty fun. :)

xoxo http://natashafatah.com
    My recent post Grey + Olive: Inspired by Riches for Rags

4. askniab says:

Perfect! You made the look your own and worked it!

My recent post Multifaceted Braided Puff

5. tyty says:

Now this is what I call casual chic! Those shoes eboni *side eye* I need to look up this sole society stuff! youre killinh me with them shoes! I like your inspiration look much better than the model's you deff made it your own! I WANT THOSE WEDGES!!!!
    My recent post GIVEAWAY!!!!!

6. Nic says:

great look! i love you jeans, as well as that necklace!

~nic http://www.nics-picks.com
    My recent post FBF: Diddy & J. Alba

7. Miles of Fashion says:

Love the color combination especially the necklace.
    My recent post Its My Blog-i-versary

8. Those shoes are too cute!

9. Ebonie, you did an awesome job and you look amazing! Love your wedges…xoxox
    Berty Morales recently posted..Prada…Pre-Fall 2012
    Berty Morales recently posted..Prada…Pre-Fall 2012

10. joyandsunshine says:

I really like your spin on this look, and your shoes are SERIOUS! I'll take them over those in the inspiration pic any day of the week :-) I agree that J Crew's regular prices can be a bit high, but you can score some great deals in there, especially when they have a sale + 30% off.

J&S http://www.JoyandSunshine.com
    My recent post Personal Shopper: Denim Jacket

11. Jen Smith says:

Love the necklace!! So cute!

jen http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

12. Fredetta says:

great re-creation! love the necklace!

13. Blazer_Couture103 says:

Love the inspired look, especially the necklace & blue handbag!

14. Tiffany says:

All of that drama was funny. Dig the look. Bun looks nice.
    Tiffany recently posted..Whhhooooo hoooo
    Tiffany recently posted..Whhhooooo hoooo

15. Dr. R says:

Yes! dead on. I love relaxed outfits.
    My recent post The Middle East, Sherel's Hats, and a Hint of Fashion

16. Channing in The City says:

This is SO right up my ally, I'm a J.Crew groupie. I love the styling of your look and you even did the orangeish mouth and lips! Love!
    My recent post Perfectly Polished: POP Beauty Pinkest

17. you did a great job w/ your outfit!!

18. Jarette says:

perfect job with the look … simple and classic
    My recent post Nick Minaj on Ellen… (She's so real!)

19. Alicia says:

You nailed the look. I looove those wedges!! You have an awesome show collection!

Alicia
    Alicia recently posted..My Shoe Reorganization
    Alicia recently posted..My Shoe Reorganization

20. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LOOK! I might have to copy it really soon! And I swear we like the same things because I just ordered a pair of leopard print Current Elliott shorts from Hautelook. Camo pants (check) leopard shorts (check, check) LOL
    My recent post Pretty Party in NYC: See Jada, Kerry, and Padma Plus Steal Their Looks!

21. Kristina says:

Amazing shoes!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LOOK.
    maykool also has women shoes! http://www.maykool.com/
    My recent post Red Round Neck Cutout Sexy Club Dress