Insecurities

A couple Friday’s ago I tried the backwards cardi trend, and I mentioned that I am very insecure about my back, and promised to write a separate post about it.  Well, this post is going to be about that, and a couple other insecurities.   I guess I’ll start by saying that I know most of my insecurities could be minimized with a strict workout regimen.  And, for me it’s not about losing weight…it’s about muscle tone (and currently, the lack there of.)  Still, my “soft spots” simply won’t be eliminated by weight loss alone, though losing a few pounds would certainly help….they won’t eliminate my “problem areas” completely.

Jessica Simpson Dress ($70) | “Briar Beauty Necklace” by Jewelmint ($30) | Forever 21 Earrings | Vintage Necklaces as Bracelets | “Sandra” Sandals by Sole Society

So, what are those problem areas you ask??  Well, they are all highlighted in this dress. Lol!

1. My back.
  2. My arms.
  3. My bust.
  4. Basically, everything from the waist up. Lol!

My Back

Well, guys…what can I say…it’s just broad and umm flabby? Lol!  People generally dismiss me when I say I am broad, but it is true.  Finding button front shirts and tailored jackets is a pain with a capital P.  I wish I could blame it all on my bust, but the truth is often times, with jackets in particular, the problem is my broad back.  It actually runs in my family on my mom’s side…so there you have it!  The good news is if I work out hard, and whittle my waist down, my broad back and shoulders can create the illusion of an hourglass figure…except for the fact that my hips and bootie are the first things to go when I lose weight…so forget that idea. Lol!

The other issue with my back is ummm…well, back fat.  There it is! Bra straps are my worst enemy..and I really can’t stand to see a single ripple or roll when I wear tighter clothing…body shapers/smoothers  are great for minimizing pesky back fat (this one by Vedette is AH-MAZ-ING…and when all else fails, I can throw on a blazer.

Oh, and last but not least, I have been blessed with not one, but two lovely skin ailments — Tinea Versicolor and Eczema, both of which seem to have a particular fondness for my back (though they thankfully ignore the rest of my body most of the time.)  Now, I will admit that my struggles with these conditions are relatively mild compared to other people.  Some people battle breakouts that are really hard to contain all over their bodies.  my breakouts are very mild, but it’s a pain to manage nonetheless…and it’s just not very pretty!

Oh…and one more thing…I have a slight hump in my spine at my neck.  Yep, you read that right…the hunchback of Atlanta, GA.  Okay, so I am exaggerating but it is quite noticeable from certain angles.

So, all in all, I’ve got a broad, moderately flabby, discolored back…with a slight hump at the neck.  Lovely, right?! Lol

My Arms

Umm, they are just big! Again, I can’t tell you how often I’ve had to size up in a shirt or jacket because it didn’t fit my arms! So Annoying. This is definitely one of my problem areas that could be improved by a more consistent workout regimen, but it can’t be alleviated completely.  In fact, if I work on my biceps too much, it just makes the problem worse.

My Bust

Big boobs are just overrated.  FYI, I wear a size 34 DD.   Quite frankly, it is just HELL to find cute bras in this size that don’t cost $75+.  And once again, finding a well fitting tailored shirt is something like finding a needle in a haystack.  Safety pins are by best friend!  Cute little strappy tops are also no fun when you’ve gotta holster the girls up all the time. Lol!  I’ll be honest, when I was younger, I just used to go without a bra…things were much simpler!  But Fab doesn’t like that technique so much, and I know that as I get older it is important that I give the girls a little more support in their fight against gravity. *sigh*

….and news flash, they don’t make fashion bustiers for boobs my size! Nope… not at all…it’s a real bustier or nothing for these girls!  Even squeezing them into the bustier bodice of this dress was a challenge!

Oh, and let’s not forget about the 3rd and 4th boob…you know the ones, that magically appear under your arms with certain tops? Love those, right!  See exhibit A below.  (Usually, I’d delete a photo like this, pronto!)

Some time last year, some of my blogger buddies remarked on Twitter about what a great body I had, and how they could pull off some of my outfits if they had my body, too.  I was obviously very flattered, but I also chuckled as I shared the story with Fab, because I have all these insecurities and flaws that I do my best to camouflage with clothes every day!  If anything, I’ve just masted the art of dressing for my body…and highlighting my best features.  As women, we are so critical of ourselves, and when it comes to fashion, we are so quick to say “I can’t wear this or that because…”  Well, you guys… I love fashion to much to embrace those kinds of limiting beliefs!  if I really love something, I do my best to find a way to make it work for me and my body.  Are you going to see me rocking a sleeveless…crew-neck…backless…cropped top with low-rise pants?  No, not a chance! But you might see me rocking a 3/4 sleeve…v-neck…cropped top…with back cutouts or a moderately low-cut back…and high rise trousers or flared jeans.

So, there you have it, I’ve laid all my flaws out on the table for you guys.  And honestly, I can do this because, I’ve come to terms with all these imperfections over the years.  They are what they are…and I can’t change them.  I can work out and try to maintain “the best me” but I can’t change the foundation God gave me.

p.s. Me telling you guys all this totally makes us card carrying BFFs, by the way. Lol!

Me with my girl Breck of Fashion Without Guilt.

Thanks for stopping by! XOXO.

**I’m linking up to Work It Wednesday on A Little Bit of Lacquer.**

74 Responses to “Insecurities”

1. Miss Eboni, you need to leave those insecurities aside and keep rocking that back! You look stunning everytime I visit your blog and some of us adore your sense of style. You never dissapoint us (;
    Berty Morales recently posted..Zuhair Murad Fits J.Lo for Summer Tour
    Berty Morales recently posted..Zuhair Murad Fits J.Lo for Summer Tour

2. Reginia says:

Beautiful pictures supported by an endearing "testimony". This post is appreciated for many reasons.
    My recent post Finding Fun in Fitness

3. krozett says:

You are gorgeous!! But I know we all have our insecurities and it really does help to air them out doesn't it? :)

BTW, there is a great site where they customer make button downs for large chested women by sizing by bra size. They also make shirt dresses and other great options! You should check them out… http://www.carissarose.com/

4. Frugal Flirty N Fab says:

Never noticed any of the things you spoke about! Although I can definitely relate to you on many of the items.You are gorgeous and I luv your blog!

5. Nequan says:

WOW Eboni! Thanks so much for sharing and I think you are beautiful with all of your "noted flaws." Your wardrobe inspires me daily because we have very similar body shapes. So I know if you can pull it off, so can I..hehe! You're my fashion motivator, so keep up the good work and as always, you look good hun!
    My recent post veg-life:

Avocado , tomato and mozzarella salad. Recipe!

6. Rocquelle says:

1. Highlighting your insecurities took guts!
    2. I too have laugh at people when they say they want my body.
    3. Clothes can do magic when you know your body!
    4. I love that you made me laugh while talking about your self!!
    5. I hate the 3 boob under the arm too, lol.
    6. That dress is beautiful on you!!
    7. We are all perfectly imperfect, and up to each of us to embrace that. I’m glad you have my friend.
    5. That dress is beautiful on you!
    Rocquelle recently posted..Accessorized Birthday
    Rocquelle recently posted..Accessorized Birthday

7. First off, you look amazing as you always do but that just goes to show that the things we think are beautiful on the outside are the very things that you struggle with on a day to day basis. I admire you for sharing this with us. I enjoy coming to visit you and I don't mind looking at your back, arms, or even your boobs for that matter. In fact, I would've never noticed these things had you not pointed them out. Continue to motivate and inspire us lady-YOU ROCK!!!
    My recent post Trendy Tuesday: N(e)on Goodness

8. You're a brave and honest girl to share all these insecurities – thanks for sharing this with us.
    I think you look incredible, and I wish you luck with your goals.

xoxo http://natashafatah.com
    My recent post What I Wore: National Magazine Awards

9. Hes says:

Thank you for the post! Your honesty was truly appreciated, and that took guts! As someone who is short, curvy, and busty, I have a few insecurities of my own, but you're right – you have to work with what you've got and love it!

P.S. You look beautiful in that dress!

10. Katrice says:

Great post! Your hair is so pretty.
    My recent post Shopping Hiatus, a break from the norm

11. askniab says:

Great post and you look great! Such a confirmation to all ; work and dress with what you have. We all have insecurities and it's OK as long as those insecurities don't make us insecure – which is the key!
    My recent post Not What I Expected

12. First of all, that dress looks so pretty on you and I totally didn’t notice any of the flaws until you pointed some of them out.
    Secondly, girl, I feel your pain on a few of these same issues. I have been “blessed” with those broad shoulders and a bust size that’s in the DDD category. It is a pain to shop for certain things, particularly bras and button-downs, but when you find something that’s flattering and fits well, it’s amazing how it can make you look good and like you have a different body.
    Thanks for being brave and sharing. :)
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- Shifting Green
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- Shifting Green

13. gabeflowers says:

We all have our insecurities and I admire you for this post!! I just wanted you to know that you are looking fabulous in that maxi dress ;-)

14. joyandsunshine says:

I really appreciate your openness in this post. You are 100% right about us women being super-critical of ourselves. The grass is always greener, I guess, because if I had some "girls" to speak of, I'd be doing a happy dance every day! You look great, E…but you already know that :-)

My recent post Travel: San Francisco, CA

15. Mello says:

Girl, we all have insecurities. I don't really wear shorts, unless out of town on vacation. I'm trying to tighten up my legs at the gym, and it's working :-) To camouflage, I work the heck out of maxi dresses and skirts!! You look great, by the way. I looove that dress!!

16. I think you look great. You're very brave for sharing this.
    I hope one day you can love your body just as it is.

17. Nikka Shae says:

Aww you are too much!!! Thanks for sharing!! You look beautiful!!!!

18. Tasha says:

Eboni you’re quiet fabulous! Me & you have discussed both of our issues. I totally get what you are saying. You know your flaws & know what you need to do. I think dress amazing & like you said you know what it takes to dress your body. Now let borrow this outfit! You look freaking AWESOME! Love you & Nordy is having a bra sale lol
    Tasha recently posted..Hache Ruffle Blouse
    Tasha recently posted..Hache Ruffle Blouse

19. Bre says:

Okay first of all, I think you look great in that dress! No joke, I'm not even kidding. You look great in it. As for the rest, you are WAY to hard on yourself! We all have insecurities, and if you didn't. I might be worried. I am worried that you think so many things with your body look the way you say they do. You are beautiful and you know it! The entire blogging community even knows it!
    My recent post dark room

20. absolutely beautiful dress!!!
    My recent post A Bold Mix of Dots and Florals

21. Ariel B says:

This is a great post. I share many of your insecurities. It is really learning what looks flatter your body. Learning how to camouflage your problem areas. I think you look fab and Kudos for sharing.
    My recent post FD Author Style: A Year in Maxi Skirts

22. I love this post!! It is so sweet and sincere. I think you are absolutely gorgeous!! Definitely not a "hunch back" #crazygirl…lol….

23. @Tanvii says:

How brave you are! Hats off! I bet everyone have insecurities but how many of us share them? You look great. I also like that you are so positive and always smiling :)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

24. First let me say that maxi dress is super cute on you! ____How awesome of you to share you insecurities. So liberating, isn't it? And I am with you on the big boobs. They are definitely overrated! LOL
    My recent post Fierce Natural Hair: Bring on the Color!

25. Ife, let me start by saying that you are a gorgeous woman in every sense of the word. I love your style and the way you look. You know that grass is always greener phrase? well it's true. I hate being called "skinny" and I hate that I have no boobs. None whatsoever. We all have things about ourselves that we are not so fond of and I applaud you for sharing yours with us. But just so you know, I love the way you look and from what I can tell, you are a genuine person in as well as out. This maxi dress is gorgeous on you and I hope that you never stop blogging because you are a very inspirational person to me. Take care beautiful!
    My recent post Neon and Flats

26. You are funny! You are beautiful!! Girl the stuff you are talking about is nothing! I would have to start a new blog with all my issues, but I dont really care too much, just need to lose lbs!
    My recent post Diaper Jam Recap

27. Jessica says:

Girl–I am a 34DD too and it is such a pain! Button down shirts are practically impossible. And I also get a lot of shoulder pain that I am convinced is a result of their effort to hold the girls up. Ugh.

In any case, I applaud you for sharing your insecurities and problem spots. We all have them, but it takes guts to show them to the world!

28. I really like that dress! And you do look good. I have the the same problem! Arms & Bust (same size as you). I was actually smiling the other day because I have lost some wieght and my arms appear smaller.

29. Chi Chi says:

I understand everything you are saying, but you know what? None of that matters. You are beautiful and unique. I am constantly telling my husband that my butt should be more shapely instead of just being big. By the time I finish complaining the look on his face is that of pure boredom. He doesn't care. I've been married 11 years and honestly it's taken me that long to realize that none of it matters.

By the way, you can have Fab rub pure, organic and unrefined coconut oil on your back every night and that should help with the eczema. There are other things you can do to minimize it like cutting out (or down) refined sugar and gluten, and using organic, natural skin care to minimize toxic exposure and try African Black soap for bathing. My daughter suffers and all of the above remedies have helped her quite a bit.

• Thanks for the tips, Chi Chi!! I have a big ol' tub of coconut oil in my cabinet! I'm on it..

We also just recently started using black soap, so I am looking forward to seeing how my skin does with it….also thanks for the diet tips!

No one has the perfect body, but loving ALL of you despite the things you don’t like is part of life. I applaud you for exposting this vulnerable side. I always think you look great in the fashion choices you make. And I’m so in love with this dress.
    Sing recently posted..Stripes & Dots
    Sing recently posted..Stripes & Dots

31. KeeKee says:

Big respect right here girlie for sharing your insecurities like that. We all have them and lIke you said we as women are our own worst critics. You're beautiful and you always look great so you're doing it right! Keep shining!

32. Alexa says:

Love this post, but I really think you should follow up by doing post about your favorite parts of your body, balance!! WE all have insecurities and we should acknowledge them but also celebrate the things we love about our bodies!! And btw, I totally love your bod, and love that fact that you were super honest and open in this post, you dnt know how many times I look at this blog and say, 'man she has such a great bod!' Work it huny!!!

33. Stephanie says:

34. I like you because you are so real. It's easy to think everything is glossy and pretty when looking at fashion blogs all day. But you show the real side of a woman dressing herself everyday. It let's us know it's okay if we can't wear all those beautiful strapless dress everywhere (or those spaghetti strap dresses). But I can rock the hell outta a sleeveless dress with no problems. It's okay to play to your strengths and forget the weaknesses. They suck anyway.

35. Michelle says:

Wow, what a unique and relatable post! Thanks for sharing. I would have never guessed. I have big feet, like size 11 big and I’m only 5’7″ so…yeah…I can wear all the cute bras in the world but I would trade them for all those super cute shoes you can rock! But I’ve accepted my boat feet(as my older brother used to refer to them)! LOL! BFF!!!

36. LaToya says:

We all have insecurities and mine mirror yours; however, you have a beautiful smile and you look great doing what you do.

37. Tia says:

Eboni, I'm 37 so I have all of your insecurities plus some! People tend to expect bloggers to be perfect. We're not! We're human… We're just supposed to wear cute outfits that flatter our body types. Although I know I've broken that rule several times, LOL. You're cute as a button (both online and in person) and I've never noticed any of the things you're insecure about! Love this post and the pic of you & Breck is too cute :).
    My recent post Minnie Mouse

38. Ticka says:

Best. Post. Ever. And not because you have "flaws", but because you chose to share your perception of how you look, and you also let us know that you aren't limited by them. Thank you. PS. I have the dreaded 3rd and 4th side boob as well (among other things), and I chose to let them smile for the camera right along with me in my last post as well! LOL!

My recent post Proud as a Peacock…

39. Ladies Outfitters says:

Your post is so inspiring! You'd never know about any of your insecurities (obviously- everyone has them) b/c you always dress so confidently. Without honest style bloggers like you, where would we be?
    Keep up the great blogging! http://www.ladiesoutfitters.com
    My recent post Total Access To This Weekend's Tony's Red Carpet!

40. Kiki J. says:

Girl, I’m a 38DD and I’m telling you- I have completely given up on button up shirts of any kind. Simply not going to happen. I applaud your confidence and realness in acknowledging the fact that we are ALL our own worse critics. We need to stop being so hard on ourselves because even the most put together woman strutting it down the street is insecure about SOMEthing! It’s up to us to love and accept who we are and realize that we were put on this earth for far more than simple aesthetics. Thanks for the post and you were fearfully and wonderfully made! Not to mention, cute as a button!

41. This is such an excellent and intimate post hun! It’s funny how we see ourselves vs. how other’s view us, because I think you’re stunning and have a great body! We all have insecurities, like I’ve embraced my big/muscular arms/thighs due to my gymnastics youthful days and know that they will never be stick thin, haha! And that’s okay! My cousins also always send us black soap-so good for the skin. Happy summer to you lovely! xo

42. @kyvec says:

Well you look great to me. Love the look, btw, and great post!

43. Tyra says:

This is an awesome post :-) Let's not talk about that extra tricep fat that only gets flabbier as you lose weight…ugh! I'm definitely in that fats-not-going-anywhere-without-working out phase. But like everyone else said, you always look amazing in your clothes!

44. Yvette says:

I have tinea versicolor too! It has been a major insecurity for me for the past 10 years (since high school) to the point of avoiding bathing suits. But as an L.A. girl, there's no way to avoid the beach lOl, and I wanna wear cute little backless stuff too. Still working through that, but know that you are not alone! It's just there and I'm gonna have to deal with it lOl.

• Yvette, girl!!! I know your pain…and when it gets wet with chlorine water, it just looks gross. Lol! So, here is what I've done….twice, I have taken the oral prescription, and that clears it up completely, but the doctor will warn you that it is going to come back in about 6 months to a year. They also hesitate to prescribe the oral prescription because it can cause kidney damage if taken too often…I had to get a series of tests before my doctor would even give it to me, but I really wanted my skin to be clear for some special occasions…and this was at a time when nearly my entire back was covered. It's not so bad now. Once it's cleared up from the oral, you can keep it at bay with Selsun Blue. I cover my back and let it sit for about 10 minutes a few times a week…especially in the summer time..and if I notice it spreading, I'll use it as a body wash every day (followed by my real body wash!). I know, kinda crazy…but it really helps. They also have a prescription odorless, colorless foam that has the same active ingredients as Selsun Blue, but it's super expensive (or at least it is with my insurance), so I stick with the shampoo…

So, ask your doctor about the oral prescription if you feel comfortable with that…otherwise, buy a case of selsun blue and hit the beach, lady! :)

Big hugs!!

45. Chilel Aissitou says:

Thaks for sharing. I alays wondered how beautiful people feel. And I can see that they have insecurities like everyone else. Even though ifyou did not point it out, I woud have never noticed. I just think you are fab, your hair, your cheeks, your smile, your bust, your legs, your skin and the way you dress…..
    My recent post Back to the basics: Cardigans

46. pineappleandvodka says:

You are gorgeous…from head to toe. Dont let the little things trip you up because we all have them. Love yourself and your imperfections.

47. Courtnee says:

Love this dress. And, this post! I've had a body image post saved for a long time but have been reluctant to share it because…it's putting it all out there and that scares me…a lot!

You are a beautiful person inside and out!

My recent post minted

48. Tamara says:

I can totally understand where you're coming from, although I think you look great, we can be our own worst enemies. Whenever I point out my own flaws to my friends, they say that they can't see them, yet they are huge insecurities for me. I've just come to realize that most people don't even notice them. So continue to accentuate the positive and try not to worry so much about the negative. I really admire your bravery for pointing your insecurities out to the world.
    My recent post What I Want Wednesday: an Ode to Betsey Johnson

49. I'm speechless…partially because this was such a moving post, but also because I swear we are imperfection twins!! I'm dealing with every "flaw" you have, literally (but add the fact that I'm about 20 lbs heavier than you to the mix LOL) I can't believe there's someone out there who knows EXACTLY what I'm expeiencing!!!

I was seriously brought to tears by this. Every time I've seen you out I've been so envious. I come to your blog and think, "If only I were like Eboni!" Turns out, I'm more like you than I thought. And if I can only see the beautiful person you are, inside and out, why can't I see myself that way too?

Thanks for helping me embrace myself, flaws and all :-)
    My recent post Fashionably Late: 06.09.12

• Hope Grant says:

I totally am in accordance with this. I know I already tweeted you about how I was screaming ME TOO throughout this entire post, but when Candyce seconds this… I third it!! Even when she spoke about being more like you. Lately I have been reading about being happy with the way God made you and not comparing yourself to others. But when you allow yourself to be vulnerable like this Eboni it allows us to see that realness that all women face, especially when we share similar insecurities. As a fellow member of the Big Boob Committee I just want to let you ladies know that we all are beautiful and special in our own way and we must strive to be the best "me" "you" that we can be because we can never be anyone but… Love this and want to empower you as I empower myself.
      My recent post This Weekend…

50. Babe says:

I love your blog mostly for one thing…your honesty and openness! I have major flaws…(acne marks on my back and some tiny spots on my chest)… I almost want to cry cuz i always have to cover up ALL the time!

51. JustMe says:

I love everything about your outfit and you are beautiful!

52. Amanda says:

I can't see any reason of being so critical to yourself! You look really great! And this dress suits you very much
    My recent post Photography WordPress Themes

53. Tavia says:

Verrrrry inspirational post and a beautiful dress to boot!!! Love it!

My recent post Flower Feet & Hi Lo Hem!

54. [...] don’t have much time this morning, but I want to say THANK YOU for all your kind comments on yesterday’s post.  That post had been on my heart for quite a while because I honestly know what it feels like to [...]

55. Weeble66 says:

Eboni, thank you so much for this post. It's like you were speaking for me. I have the same insecurities as you..and for the longest and to date I will go SLEEVELESS…(sweaters in the summer YUP). You are beautiful inside and out..and I commend you being 'real'. This post has really 'touched' me in a special kinda ;-) way. Keep rocking all those beautiful outfits as I continue to follow your blog.

56. Marquita C. says:

Eboni, I first want to say that you are gorgeous just the way you are! I do, however, understand how you feel sometimes…we definitely share some of the same insecurities. Have you heard of Soma Intimates? If not, check them out or go to soma.com (hurry…our sizes get sold out fast lol). For women with big boobs (I'm a 34DDD/32G…yikes lol), they have more options for bra colors/styles than the average store does. I too am tired of the same black and nude bras! Also, the most I've paid for a bra from Soma is about $45. Hope this helps! :-)

57. Domino J says:

I totally understand about the boob thing…I'm a DDD myself. I would love to see a post about finding the right bra for big boobs lol..I'm so tired of the uniboob!! http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/
    My recent post Celebration Festivities

58. Kemi says:

Nice post. And you've mastered how to conceal the flaws. That is the beauty of being a woman who has style. I am a 38 dd by the way, with a big tummy and small hips and i've come to accept that and I pride my self and challenge myself to dress for my shape to create an hour glass illusion everytime I put something on. Hence my style posts on my blog.

K at http://www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com
    My recent post Neon Yellow, and Stiped Maxi

59. Tiffany says:

Girly—like Tyra Banks says “You are Flawsome” and I had no idea that you had that much cleavage ;)
    All of us have body issues. TRUSTME! Mine have come to fruition w blogging and bridal fittings. However, we still got it going on. You are a doll. I would just like to point out that I always look at your skin like wow and your teeth (because I am a teeth person). I say you got it going on but I am just a “skinny” girl with a pooch, muffin top, back fat and flabby arms :) so what do I know???
    Tiffany recently posted..Ok so ummmm
    Tiffany recently posted..Ok so ummmm

60. Stay away from insecurities.. The dress look good on you. I love the style and the colors. Be confident, that's what make you more beautiful!

61. Oluwaseun says:

I have insecurities too. I never like to wear sleeveless tops because of my arms, they're a bit toned and has stretch marks. I get the toned arms from my dad's side, because I don't lift weights to get it. But, I've told myself that, I can't let my arms stop me from wearing certain clothes. Nowadays, I don't mind wearing sleeveless tops and I actually enjoy wearing it. I feel free and content.

Embrace your body, change what you can, and love what you can't! Thanks for sharing this, it's inspired me! :))

62. I have the same body type too! My arms are just so round, just like by bust! As long as I can keep my tummy flat…ish I think I'll be alright lol. And my skin ailment is acne sadly, backne. Well, you look gorgeous and it's awesome that you share your style and your thoughts with all who read your blog! Luv your blog!
    My recent post My Spring Knit Look

63. Jen Smith says:

Eboni…girl 3rd and 4th boob, goodness….I know what you mean though I have the same issue and I hate wearing strapless things because of it. Thanks for sharing and we all have our problem spots but that's what makes us all unique… ;)

jen http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

64. Jamie says:

All I can say is bravo for sharing this. This kind of honesty is refreshing – and also a way to see that we are way harsher judges on ourselves than others are on us!! I would never have thought any of these things about you – you look fabulous, all the time! But I have simiar issues that I see on myself (ugh, that under the arm extra boob fat stuff is also a bane for me…) and also insecurities of my own. I really appreciate your writing this post and sharing!
    My recent post [Life] I'm Back…and Exhausted

65. Born27 says:

Why feel insecure if you can carry your dress very well? You look so care free in the photos! I love it!
    My recent post voip conference call

66. Melissa says:

Don't you think that you are too critical to yourself? you look amazingly!
    My recent post What to Consider When Building an Online Store

67. Well, you are a very brave lady if you decided to write a post devoted to your self analysis

68. [...] don’t have a problem with short dresses or skirts, just shorts. Last week Eboni from the Fashionista Next Door wrote a very candid post about all of the insecurities that she has about her body, how she has [...]

69. [...] READ THE FULL POST HERE. Related Posts:Stylish Kitten Heels: Yeah, Kitten HeelsOur Fashion Contributor Puts the Miranda Kerr Outfit We Love To TestOur Fashion Contributor Takes on Solange’s Love of PrintsMy Instagram Fashion InspirationFashionista Finance: Emotions & Shopping « « Previous Post: 4 Lessons Learned Tags: How to Live Life Better Share This: Twitter Digg Stumble Upon Reddit Delicious Facebook [...]

70. Cassandra Martinez says:

girl can you do a post about what are no no's and how to make them into yes's with your shape? sometimes I wonder how can I minimize my bust! or flatter them! yes finding button ups are almost IMPOSSIBLE. if I find a good fit I get it in every color and at least 2 in the basic color! LOL because finding that again is like , one in a million :)
    We just see the finished look, your outfit all cute, but a post on HOW you chose that particular cut, color, size, etc, from your inspiration photo to the actual your outfit, that would be a life saver!

ps your my new #1 go to for fashion :)

71. Tilicia Johnson says:

Hunee you are gorgeous, flaws & all!