Green, Blue & Stripes

Happy Friday!!! So guys, I am still short on summer Style Me Friday submissions… I think we’ll have to take a break from Style Me Friday until I receive more submissions…or until the weather cools down.  If you’ve seen any summer-friendly looks out there that you’d like to see me recreate, please do send them my way, and remember you can also post them on my Facebook wall, too.  I’ve even received a few on Twitter, so tweet me if that’s easier for you.

In other news, I am heading home today…so, cue Biggie…“I’m going-going back-back to Cali-Cali.” Lol!  My conference starts on Tuesday, but I’m going a few days early to hang out with friends and meet my niece for the first time!  I’ve still got a lot of last minute stuff to get done before I leave…and I am working almost a full day today…I swear this has been the craziest week ever…but anyway, stay tuned for some awesome guest posts next week from five beautiful bloggers buddies of mine! You’re going to love them all.

Old Navy Tank and Perfect Khaki Shorts in Navy | Old Scarf | New York & Company Flats (check in stores or similar here, here, here & here) | Thrifted Vintage Clutch | Random Cheap Sunnies

This type of outfit totally represents my my high-school summer time swag. Lol! 16-year old Eboni was all about the shortest shorts possible and tank tops….the only difference is I probably would have worn those hideous foam platform flip flops instead of these super cute flats…you know the ones…tell me I wasn’t the only one!  hehe! Or I might have just worn a fresh pair of Jordans or Air Maxes.   Short shorts and tennis shoes was also a big thing for me…ahh, the memories.  So, I guess this is high school Eboni all grown up with sophisticated flats, and a silk scarf belt. hehe!

P.S. I am so  SUPER excited to the July guest blogger over on the Ouidad blog!!!  We’ll be talking all about summer must-haves, curly girl stuff, and fashion.  Check out my first post here!

Have a great weekend!!! XOXO.

22 Responses to “Green, Blue & Stripes”

1. One of my favorite color combinations, Fab!

2. Tia says:

Cute Ebs!
    My recent post Independence Day

3. Patience says:

Love your smile Eboni, looking at your pics always makes me cheery. You look amazing as always.

<a href="http://www.justpatience.com” target=”_blank”>www.justpatience.com

4. missfoodiefash says:

Have fun back home. Hit up all the Mexican food joints & In n Out for me. Cute outfit, btw! Congrats on the Ouidad gig.

5. Audrey says:

lol! not the "hideous foam platform flip flops" sadly, i know exactly what you are talkin about and i had not one pair but a few in different colors! terrible

6. LOL That's my girl! Quotin' Biggie! Have a great trip Ife! Love the green top!
    My recent post Robot Legs

7. joyandsunshine says:

I love this! Navy and green AND shorties? Perfect combination. Congrats on the Ouidad guest blogger role!
    My recent post Khaki, Sequins, and Red

8. gorgeous as always! I lurk everyday but today is my anti lurking day LOL waving HIiii!!
    My recent post DIY – Vintage 1950s inspired BoatNeck LowBack Lavender dress

9. cute! Love your flats and the color of that tank
    My recent post Orange Polka Dot and Leopard

10. Teodora says:

You look adorable. Have fun in Cali. By the way, your feature in Inspired by Instyle is amazing.

Teodora
    Teodoraslookbook.com

11. Channing in The City says:

Lawd, I used to have those foam flip flops in every color! I like grown-up Eboni, she's flyyyy :-p
    My recent post You're A Firework

12. Yvette says:

You are NOT the only one lOl…somehow they're making a comeback (or at least in the midwest I've seen quite a few). And let's not forget those Spice Girl sneakers by Soda…perhaps that was just at my junior high lOl

13. Super cute outfit, and I NEED those flats in my LIFE like TODAY, lol…
    My recent post More Dresses Please!!

14. Melissa says:

Your shorts look really very cute! I like them)
    My recent post Thrilling Set Of jQuery Slider Website Templates

15. The color combination is really beautiful) Most of all I like the scarf on your shorts

16. Nora says:

Very lively outfit that suits you well.

Nora
    My recent post Cinderella's Shoes

17. Cayute! Your legs look really great – are we still not focusing on the amazing parts of your body? *runs off to do 100 squats!*

PS – I wasn't a big shorts wearer but my faux pas was the rubber heeled converse lookin shoes and platform jellies. *face palm*
    My recent post How to Make a Healthier Sock Bun

18. Rita says:

Girlll yes! I'm 5'9" and I was still flopping around in those Frankenstein platform flip flops. THEE WORST! What were we thinking?!? LOL
    My recent post Haul: Jason Wu For Target *meow*

19. Adoring your striped shoes and that scarf belt, Eboni!

20. G K says:

I come here a lot but rarely comment. Just want you to know that your blog is kinda awesome (especially to someone who may very well be the most boring dresser ever!) and I come here for inspiration. Keep it up!
    My recent post Hiking Adventure

21. Veronica says:

I like the shoes! I'm always looking for a great pair of flats and green! It is MY color right now. Love green at the moment
    My recent post Tips to Achieving a Perfect Braid Out &amp; Twist Out