NeNe Leakes + ShoeDazzle Shoe Launch Party (+ What I Wore)

Happy Monday, my friends! I hope you all had a great weekend.  As I mentioned last Friday, my weekend was jam packed with events.  I attended four in all, and I missed three…that’s how many there were! Of course, I had a ton of fun, but now I am a bit exhausted!

Anyway, I guess I’ll start with the event I attended Saturday night, and what I wore!  The event was a shoe launch party for Nene Leakes’ new shoe for ShoeDazzle — the “Nethia.”  You all may have noticed I’ve picked up quite a few pairs of ShoeDazzle shoes over the last couple of months, so I was thrilled to have an opportunity to attend this particular event!  Of course, I had to show off my ShoeDazzle style (Lol!), so I wore my neon Danger pumps (I am only slightly obsessed with these shoes…wore them again to another event tonight!).   Working my way up from the feet, I decided on my Prada inspired striped ASOS skirt.   And, yes this skirt did have the Prada-esque mermaid hemline (or trumpet as we’re calling it nowadays), but I had the tailor remove it because…well, it just wasn’t flattering on me.  I paired the skirt with my sheer black sleeveless blouse, and topped it off with my new favorite piece of jewelry – my Gentry Nectar Collar.

Forever 21 Blouse (sold out, similar, $48) | ASOS Skirt (old, similar style, $31. Perfect colors for fall!) | ShoeDazzle “Danger”, $40 | Nectar Collar Necklace c/o Gentry, $20 (but you can get $10 off with this coupon!)

Now, on to the event! I met up with my girl Lexi (ummm how gorgeous are her curls?!), and she introduced me to a few new friends – Deola and Danni (hi ladies!).

The guest of honor, Miss NeNe Leakes, arrived with her buddy Cynthia.  They were all smiles as NeNe showed off her shoe, which she proudly announced was truly designed by her.  And, the best part about the shoe, is that 100% of the profits from the sale of the “Nethia” will be donated to Saving Our Daughters.

Here is a good close-up shot of the shoe, which I actually really liked.  It is an over the top shoe, but in a good way!  I think it’s right on trend for fall with velvet, lace, and gold details…after all, this fall is all about opulence.   I could totally see this shoe dressed all the way down with sleek, minimal separates or a simple pair of jeans and crisp white blouse!  But, a bunch of my buddies on Instagram didn’t seem to agree…some folks just weren’t feeling it at all.  What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Of course, it wouldn’t be a party without tasty libations and delectable light bites!  Grey Goose sponsored the event, and served up a selection of cocktails featuring their Cherry Noir Vodka.  They were delish!

And, look who I ran into!? Miss Saisha Beecham looking absolutely radiant (even though my cameras flashed tried to turn us both into ghosts. Lol!)

All in all, I had a great time…I’m glad I made it out!  Many thanks to the ShoeDazzle team for having me!

Have a GREAT week! XOXO.

29 Responses to “NeNe Leakes + ShoeDazzle Shoe Launch Party (+ What I Wore)”

1. I love your outfit!! You really pulled it together – the collar, the stripes, the hair! It all looks great! http://natashafatah.com
    My recent post 2 Things + Neil Armstrong

2. Tasha says:

You look great Eboni! I have that Forever 21 shirt! Ha. Not really feeling the shoe but I guess I’ll have to wait to see it on someone first.
    Tasha recently posted..Hache Ruffle Blouse
    Tasha recently posted..Hache Ruffle Blouse

3. designerdrop says:

Love the shoe! Especially the fact that it's sort of a closed toe sandal. http://designerdrop.wordpress.com/
    My recent post Head to toe Stripes

4. Rocquelle says:

You know I've been on the fence about ShoeDazzle, but the shoe NeNe designed is actually pretty fab! Love your bold outfit too…so gorgeous Eboni!
    My recent post Back To Basics

5. bunnymysweet says:

Very cool, love your outfit!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”) http://www.bunnymysweet.com/
    My recent post Quiet Storm

6. Looking amazing as usual! I love your skirt!

7. Looks like a Fab Event! Luv your skirt!
    My recent post Buy Borrow Bury-Body Edition!

8. Afayah says:

These shoes look great! And your outfit is really well put together. http://beautyjamaica.blogspot.com/
    My recent post Gold Sunglasses DIY

9. sundaze says:

I bought that skirt forever ago and never wore it because of the trumpet. I thought about having it removed but wasn't sure I'd like it afterwards. You've totally onvinced me. It looks great and I love how you styled it.

10. Ask Nia B says:

Great look! I like the added color your neon shoes gave. http://www.askniab.com
    My recent post Mane Review: Cantu for Natural Hair Creamy Hair Lotion

11. jeaninebyershoag says:

Wow!!! You were super busy! How exciting to see NeNe Leakes up close. I never meet anyone famous. You looked great and you have reminded me that I need to find my own tailor, like I used to have when I lived in VA (I'm in GA now). The shoe looks great in theory, but I am pretty I could not walk in it even if you offered to pay me. :)

12. Patience says:

You look fab Ebony. I love those neon pumps! The event pictures are beautiful.

<a href="http://www.justpatience.com” target=”_blank”>www.justpatience.com

13. thriftanistasocialclub says:

Love the skirt and the entire look. You you great!
    My recent post Zapatistas with #blmgirls

14. meganzietz says:

you look so fierce, and dare i say the most gorgeous one there
    Xo Megan
    My recent post Layering Leo

15. I agree! Love the skirt :) & that necklace! buying now lol.. you look nice with your hair pulled back too :) Oh and we should all totally meet up for FNO! :D

• awww thank you!!! :) I wasn't wearing my hair back because I had picked up a few pounds Lol! But, I'm back to my old tricks.

I hope you were able to get the necklace before it sold out!

and YES! we must all meet up for FNO!

16. OMG how about I just bought those shoes (Danger) and wore them for the first time IN atlanta?! I feel completely and totally validated as a fashionista seeing them on you. I'm jussayin…whenever I finally post my recap I'll let you see how I rocked them. Too excited to see them on you!

17. Claudeen says:

Love, love, love the SHOES!! I love the skirt as well. Looks like you had a ball
    My recent post BLACK FRIDAY:  Happy Friday, everyone!  TGIF!  I am looking…

18. Taliah says:

You look sooo pretty Eboni! What a lovely event! I like that Nene is donating 100 percent to Saving our Daughters! good Job. The shoe is very sexy and very Nene! lol
    My recent post Vintage Mod

19. I like what your doing there with the sheer top! And the skirt, too. This looks like it was a lot of fun!

20. [...] so below is my little collection! Of the new bunch, I’ve only worn the black so far – here and here…I’m saving the others for fashion week!  But, you may recall “the [...]

21. First, let me say how much I LOVE your makeup look Eboni! And as for the shoe, I do think it's cute with a dash of tramp to it – but I mean that in the best way:) I'd wear it for sure, but would play it down major with some rolled up skinny jeans and white or black tank and let the shoes be the show! What a fun event- cherry vodka and cupcakes would have gotten me there!

22. Kéla says:

Loving this! that skirt. I need it in my kloset.
    My recent post Kloset Klues &amp; Keeper ~ Midi Skirt

23. I really like that shoe she designed it's def my fall style, sophistication, elegance, class, timeless appeal… and your neon pumps are awesome. I have a pair of neon yellow ones from Charlotte Russe that are a fav.

24. Ticka says:

I LOVE that skirt!! The colors are to die for!! OMG!

I really like the lace detail on those shoes!
    My recent post My Day, My Way…