Blue Breeze

Happy Monday!! Let me tell you guys what happened on Friday. Some of you saw on Twitter that I woke up early to take pictures at 7am, edit, and get a post up by 9 before work.  I moved the pictures from my SD card to my external hard drive just like I always do, edited them in Photoscape just like I always do, and saved them just like I always do.  I realized I was running out of time so I decided to finish up on my work computer.  I disconnected my external hard drive, plugged it into my work computer and POOF! My pictures disappeared into thin air.  By this this time, it is way too late to take pics again because the sun is much too bright and quite frankly, I just didn’t have the energy…I was pissed! Lol.  I ran a scan and repair on my external hard drive….it recovered nothing.  I was just screwed…and again, pissed!  Oh well, better luck next Friday.

Things went much better on Sunday when I was preparing for today’s post. Lol! (although I wasn’t taking any chances. I didn’t delete the pictures from my SD card, and I backed them up on dropbox.)  This look is what I wore to a FABULOUS makeup workshop put on my celebrity makeup artist, Saisha Beechum.  I’ll have to write my full recap later this week (along with my Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls recap)!

Unknown Dress (sample sale) | “Edie” T-strap Platforms c/o Bakers | Thrifted Tote | GAP Panama Hat ($25) | Necklaces from Jewelmint, eBay and Forever 21

I just love this dress! It’s very sheer, and it actually came with a blue slip (seen here), but I prefer to wear the blue slip as its own dress, and I’ve replaced it with a semi-sheer black full slip that better retains the sheer breezy quality of the dress.  The opaque blue is just too heavy!  To offset the “little house on the prairie print” I threw on my rockin’ spiked out Wild Pair “Edie” t-straps and my new favorite hat.  They slight high-low hem also keeps the dress from being to matronly.

I knew this outfit was a winner because as I was trying it on in the mirror, Fab walked by, stopped in his tracks and said “mmmm.”  That like never happens! Hehe. I think he liked the ladylike quality of the dress…and I loved it, too.

p.s. Don’t forget to enter my $50 Stamp Charm gift card giveaway!!

Have a great week! XOXO.

28 Responses to “Blue Breeze”

1. Rhonda says:

Thats so funny about Fab and “mmmmm”! Men love dresses like that! Hubby does the same! Ooh I know you were pissed about those pics! Anyways have a good day! Love the hat!

2. Ariel B says:

I still feel so bad about what happened Friday. I have been in your shoes, so I know how that can feel. You always know you look good, when you can stop your man cold in his tracks.
    My recent post FD Author Style: Leopard & White

3. Kemi says:

Lovely dress and i like the brown sandals paired with it. I love brown sandals with everything

My recent post Floral Skirt Remix

4. Taliah says:

The print on the dress is really cute and I love the shape. Cool how you improvised on changing out the slip for it to better fit the look. A true fashionista! Lol

5. Inez| Style Chic 360 says:

You look fabulous! So sorry about your pictures!

I'm loving this look, I wish my head wasn't so humongous so I could borrow that hat! hehe
    My recent post Peplums and White Jeans

6. Dominique says:

You have such great calves gimmie lol
    My recent post 1 Year Wedding Anniversary

7. [...] I actually wore this necklace on Friday and I got some beautiful pictures of it on, but they were among the images that magically disappeared from my external hard drive (GRRRRR!).  So, I’ll take more pictures [...]

8. Love! The hat and shoes take it to another level and your make-up looks fab.
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- On a Safari
    fshnonmymind recently posted..OOTD- On a Safari

9. Donna Nardy says:

Hi… I dropped by from momtrends. The dress is the Willow dress from designer Carole Anderson, CAbi Spring 2012. I am an independent CAbi consultant. Great idea to wear a black slip under dress gives a different dimension! Love the way you styled the outfit!

10. I really like this dress and those spiked heels go great with it!!

Carsedra of:

11. maimusings says:

Very fun & flirty dress. Very nice calves!
    My recent post Freshly Pressed’s Best Of July 2012

12. Kristin says:

Those shoes are uber fabulous! Thanks for being a part of Monday Mingle!

13. fredetta says:

love those shoes!

14. Ticka says:

Very pretty!! I love how you rocker-fied the dress with the heels!!
    My recent post Celebrity Inspiration…

15. joyandsunshine says:

Very pretty, and Iove the touch of edge your shoes add to the feminine print of the dress.
    My recent post Spotlight: Labels Resale Boutique (Part II)

16. sarahhulbert says:

Love the details of this outfit! That hat is great and the shoes, the shoes are killer!!! Thanks for posting! ~Sarah
    My recent post Outfit Inspiration: “Water”

17. Glamamom says:

OMG, the panama hat, the shoes. I love it all!

18. Shoemisses says:

You look pretty and carefree,

19. Style & Poise says:

Your makeup looks great and those shoes absolutely IN LOVE with them! Girl let me take them off your hands :-)

Roni
    My recent post Coral Polka Dot Dress

20. LOL @ Fab's response! I love those shoes I have a really similar pari.
    My recent post Chic Chick: What to Wear to Your Baby Shower

21. Melanie says:

The dress! The shoes! The hat! You look gorgeous!! :))

22. Daisy says:

FAB dress + KILLER heels – LOVE LOVE LOVE! Found you on Monday Mingle.

Let's follow each other!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:

23. EBONI! You killed this look! I LOVE it!!!! Its so cute on you and your make up is gorgeous!!!! Sorry for your picture loss! Girl, I'd still be pissed!!!!!!
    My recent post ChoklatTea

24. meganzietz says:

well hello lovely

Xo Megan

My recent post Campus Edge

25. Your shoes are so extravagant and beautiful that I even have no words
    Amanda@BuySellWordPress recently posted..Photography WordPress Themes
    Amanda@BuySellWordPress recently posted..Photography WordPress Themes

26. wonderful dress! and those heels are hot as can be with the spikes and all!

27. [...] worn as dress (came under this dress! Similar here, $55) | Zara Basic Sandal (try eBay) | Charming Charlie Clutch (similar, $76) | GAP [...]