How to Layer Your Look featuring Merona Leopard Skinny Pants!

Happy Thursday! We’ve made it to our fourth and final post in our Merona fall fashion series!  And, the topic is How to Layer Your Look.  I finally got my hands on these Merona’s fab leopard print ponte skinny pants.  They’ve been on my wish list since the Look Book images hit the internet months and months ago.  And, they are the perfect item to build  a layered ensemble around!

4 Tips for Layering Your Look

1. Start with a slim fitting bottom layer on the bottom. This will give you some room to pile on the layers without looking bulky.
  2. Play with proportions, textures, and shapes!  A cropped, slouchy sweater adds visual interest over a longer tailored shirt.  Push up the arms of your sweater and let your shirt sleeves peek out, too.
  3. When it gets chilly out…just add another layer! A puffer vest is a great alternative to a coat because you can stay warm and still show off your sleeves. (Try tonal layers for a chic monochromatic look!)
  4. Layer your accessories, too!  Go for a double collar look by layering a collar necklace with a collared shirt…cinch bulky outerwear with a belt…let a pair of printed socks peek from under a pair of cropped pants.

Get My Look with Merona at Target!

Merona Belted Puffer Vest, $30 |Mossimo Supply Co Pullover Crewneck Sweater, $20 | Merona Favorite Denim Shirt, $20 | Merona Ponte Leopard Skinny Pant, $28 | Merona Striped Preppy Socks, $2 |  Merona Kamoni Wedge, $35

See how the Target Fall Collection is designed to take you through a season of stylish looks at Target.com/Merona.

What are your tips for fall layering?

If you missed the last three posts in our Merona fall fashions series, check them out below!

5 Wardrobe Essentials for the Modern Man

How to Wear a Tailored Blazer

How to Style a Pencil Skirt

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.

25 Responses to “How to Layer Your Look featuring Merona Leopard Skinny Pants!”

1. Great looks! Love the leopard pants still haven’t gotten a pair of my own but I do want them. They go with everything :)

Alicia
    Chica Fashion recently posted..Raising Awareness about Global  Motherhood with Johnson & Johonson

2. I am so glad to see these pants on someone other than a model, they are current in my shopping cart for purchase but I wasn't sure how they would look in real life. I love your striped socks that are peeking out! Every piece you layered with can be remixed over and over this fall great post.

• They are super cute, and the fit is great…the length is good, too. Buuuut be warned, they do stretch out a lot. I bought an 8, and I should have got a 6. I am probably going to try and exchange mine. I only wore them for a couple hours and they got all baggy. We'll see what customer service says. Lol!

• They probably will exchange them, Target has a really good return policy.

3. bunnymysweet says:

Great layering, love those pants!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”) http://www.bunnymysweet.com/
    My recent post Arizona Summer

4. Deirdre says:

tres cute!

5. Ariel says:

your hair is too cute! tutorial please?!

6. Your .gif is absolutely amazing! I love your layers Ife! You are just the cutest!
    My recent post The Wedding–Part Three–The Reception

7. Channing in The City says:

YES MA'AM for this entire post Eboni! That GIF, the outfit, your hair. I am here for it!
    My recent post 7 Ways to Wear Maxi Skirts in the Fall

8. Nikell says:

I love the sweater with the vest and denim top! I have all of those pieces but never thought to wear them together. I'll have to try it out for sure.
    My recent post “I’m So Dirty” Part 2 of 2

9. Yvette says:

Love! Taking a mental note for when it starts to get chilly in so.cal.

10. Shasie says:

Target has such great stuff! I love shopping there!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelet Giveaway

My recent post WHAT I WORE: Black & Green

11. Tasha says:

I am loving the layering. Super cute style. Now I need to go to Target so I can shop
    My recent post Camo Jacket (xtra-small)

12. I like Red on you. KUTE

13. You look super cute!! Love the pants!!

14. You look super cute!! Love the pants!!

15. @undefined says:

LOVE everything about this look especially that it can all be found at Target! I really love the striped socks peeking through with the boots!
    My recent post Weekend Makeup Idea: Simple Cat Eyes and Bold Lips

16. fredetta says:

those pants are too cute!

17. Honey, you worked this look. I have been wanting those pants too but every Target is sold out of my size. Hopefully, someone will restock them and I can recreate this look-I love it!
    My recent post These Yellow Shoes…

18. Lynn says:

I ordered my leapord pants from Target Saturday !!! They are on back order :(:(. But I will be using these looks when they get here!! I have the puffer vest (in black), denium shirt, and a sweater, need: black wedge booties, and socks …… And I'm gonna ask this: what size did you buy in the pants? I ordered size 6 and I'm worried I should have gotten the 8 ??? I haven't been shopping at Target long, only because I have to drive 45 min to get to one, sooooo I'm still learning their sizing . BUT I LOVE their clothes!! XO from your nosey neighbor …..hehe. Lynn.

19. Tami says:

Girl too cute, love Target!!!