The time has arrived, y’all! The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Atlanta is this Saturday. My pink laces are prepped and ready, and I am proud to be walking for my Granna who had breast cancer. Remember, the money raised by these walks helps the American Cancer Society provide support services to women who’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer all over the country.
One in every two women newly diagnosed with breast cancer reaches out to the American Cancer Society for help and support. We are in every community providing free information and services when and where people need it. If you need someone to talk with at 3 a.m. (or any other time of the day or night), we’re here. If your friend is losing her hair because of chemo, your mother needs a ride to treatment, or if a loved one needs a place to stay while in treatment away from home, we are the ones who can help.
- Transportation assistance to and from treatment.
- Free lodging for those having to travel far for treatment.
- Workshops that teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help deal with appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Emotional support programs that connect newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with survivors.
- Cancer education classes.
- An online cancer survivors support network.
- Plus, information from a trained Cancer Information Specialist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-227-2345.- www.makingstrideswalk.org
Walks are happening all over the country so there is certain to be one nearby you! Head on over to head on over the Making Strides website, and check the schedule for a walk in your city. If you’re in Atlanta, it’s not too late!! And if you can’t walk, don’t fret — you can still donate! I set a modest goal for myself to raise $250. If you’d like to donate, you can visit my donation page here!
I’m super excited because my mom came into town just in time to join me. Yay! She is a big time jogger, so unfortunately, I’ll be holding her back because running for me just ain’t gonna happen. Lol! Sorry Mom. We took these silly pictures of ourselves “prepping” for the walk. Lol!
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is the American Cancer Society’s nationwide series of walking events to raise funds and awareness to end breast cancer.