Making Strides Against Breast Cancer THIS WEEKEND! (plus meet my Mommy!)

The time has arrived, y’all!  The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Atlanta is this Saturday.  My pink laces are prepped and ready, and I am proud to be walking for my Granna who had breast cancer.  Remember, the money raised by these walks helps the American Cancer Society provide support services to women who’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer all over the country.

One in every two women newly diagnosed with breast cancer reaches out to the American Cancer Society for help and support. We are in every community providing free information and services when and where people need it. If you need someone to talk with at 3 a.m. (or any other time of the day or night), we’re here. If your friend is losing her hair because of chemo, your mother needs a ride to treatment, or if a loved one needs a place to stay while in treatment away from home, we are the ones who can help.

- www.makingstrideswalk.org

Walks are happening all over the country so there is certain to be one nearby you!  Head on over to head on over the Making Strides website, and check the schedule for a walk in your city.  If you’re in Atlanta, it’s not too late!! And if you can’t walk, don’t fret — you can still donate! I set a modest goal for myself to raise $250. If you’d like to donate, you can visit my donation page here!

I’m super excited because my mom came into town just in time to join me. Yay! She is a big time jogger, so unfortunately, I’ll be holding her back because running for me just ain’t gonna happen. Lol! Sorry Mom.  We took these silly pictures of ourselves “prepping” for the walk. Lol!

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is the American Cancer Society’s nationwide series of walking events to raise funds and awareness to end breast cancer.

If you’ll be walking in Atlanta this Saturday, leave a comment!! See ya there!

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by the American Cancer Society (ACS) via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of the American Cancer Society (ACS).

30 Responses to “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer THIS WEEKEND! (plus meet my Mommy!)”

1. kristen kai says:

You two are adorable! I love it! Good luck on the walk

2. Katrice L. Mines says:

Two cute, Eboni! lol

3. Andrea Brown says:

Awwww cousin these pictures of u and auntie are soooo cute!!!! I want copies!! :)

4. Katrice says:

Too cute, Eboni! lol
    My recent post The Canary

5. How stinkin cute are you two!!! Love the pics and look like you all had so much fun doing it. Have fun at the walk. Btw, what kind of camera are you using? The clarity is awesome!!!

6. sundaze says:

You and your mom are adorable! Good luck with the walk!

7. You and your mom are hilarious! It's wonderful to see all that excitement and positivity poured into these sort of walks – it's going to be passed on to many patients who really need support. Some of the bloggers at our page recently joined the CIBC run for the cure – and they seemed just as elated as you. Keep passing it forward! :)

(beautiful shoes, by the way)

~Catherine

My recent post Comment on In what way has the treatment affected how you feel about your body? by both sides

8. This is adorable! Hey mama! -waving-

This weekend is the 3k walk here in Las Vegas and I made sure to get a lot of my girls together for support. I usually walk a lone but there are power in numbers. =)

9. Lexy of BeautyFash says:

these are the cutest pictures ever! This post warmed my heart. :) You both are too cute!
    My recent post Pajama Stripes

10. Stephanie says:

The cutest post I've ever seen. You and your mother are beautifully adorable and cute!

Enjoy the walk/jog. Haha, I know if I was a big-time jogger and my daughter was not, I'd most likely link arms with her and force her to move faster than a walk. (But I'm not a mother. Not anytime soon at least!)
    My recent post Hello October!

11. Shea says:

This is so cute!!! You and your mom look like the perfect match. I hope the walk goes well =)
    My recent post Double Take

12. Zavonna says:

Go girl! Love that you will be walking for a good cause and spending time with your mom… Adorable. Waving, hi mom :-}

13. Chilel Aissitou says:

ur mom is so cute.have a great walk.

14. Curvatude says:

Great cause and you and your mom are so adorable!

15. Awwwww…. Ur mom is so beautiful!!!

16. Your mom is way too cute! Yall are going to have fun!
    My recent post Sneaker Chic

17. Danielle says:

Awww—you guys are SO cute! Have fun :)
    My recent post Disney Reigning Beauties Cinderella Collection by SEPHORA

18. Charee says:

Sooo cute! These pics just make me smile!!!!! You look just like your mom, Eb!! Hope you had a great walk!
    My recent post zara leopard pants + F21 peplum top

19. [...] mom and I went to a Dress for Success fundraiser, then Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Making Strides breast cancer walk.  We can home for a nap, and were back out and about for Trina’s birthday that night.  [...]

20. This has got to be my utmost favorite blog post from you yet Eb… This is absolutely beautiful and looks like you two has loads of fun.

21. Naja Diamond says:

You and your mom are uber cute!! Love this post Eboni!! Headed to see if there is a walk in my area now!
    xoxo,
    Naja
    My recent post First Lady Inspired Style

22. Tami says:

You two are too cute!

23. Cresenda says:

Ohhh, I Love It! Glad you could make it for the Kim nothing like some good Mommy/Daughter time Pricless:) May you both be Continually Blessed. Eboni, you are Amazingly Talented…To God Be The Glory!

Love you,
    Cresenda

24. Lee McCormick says:

The dynamic duo of Mother & daughter fighting for what we all want * A Cure for CANCER!
    What a POWERFUL statement from these two amazing women of PURPOSE * beautiful!

25. American Health Journal is seeking for partner blogs in the health field. AHJ is a health care content site which owns a significant library of high quality medical videos. We are seeking writers who are interested in contributing guest blog articles to our web site. Please message us at our contact page on our web site.