Style Challenge: How to Wear a Tiered Fringe Mini Skirt!

Happy Monday!! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was kinda crazy! To be honest, I not quite recovered from the flurry of activity. It was non-stop from Friday to Sunday night, and I’m feeling like I need another day.  But, I’m not complaining…I’m blessed…just tired! Lol.  Yesterday I made my all the way to Kennesaw (about an hour drive) for Trina’s Naturally Glam Mommy & Me event. It was such a fun time! Took lots of pics that I need to sort through, but for now I’ll just share what I wore.

About a month ago, Kesha, the owner of Funky Flair Boutique reached out to see if I’d like to review a couple pieces from her boutique. If you live in Atlanta, you’ve probably seen Kesha on the scene.  She often has a booth at a lot of local trade shows and events, but she also has an online store.  She is such a sweetie, and she’s from LA!! (Cali girls stand up! Lol!!) Needless to say, I was happy to pick a few pieces from her store to share with you guys, one of which was this tiered fringe mini-skirt.

Old Navy Sweater (old) | Funky Flair Boutique Fringe Skirt ($40) | Xhileration Tights via Target ($5 in store) | Nicola Boot by ShoeDazzle | Kensington Bag c/o JustFab

The skirt caught my eye as I was browsing, but the first thought that came to mind was, “Now Eboni, what are you going to wear with that?”  So, I skipped it and kept browsing, but my mind was churning out outfits, and I eventually came back to it…and I’m glad I did!  It’s such a fun and unexpected piece!  Of course, I could go the obvious route and dress it up…a black blazer would be great!  But, I love the look of it with a casual pullover sweater, tights, and boots for a sassy day look!

By the way, this sweater has a high-low hem, but I wanted something longer in the back, so I wore it backwards! Done and done.

What did you wear this weekend?

16 Responses to “Style Challenge: How to Wear a Tiered Fringe Mini Skirt!”

1. GlamDuo™ says:

You looked so fab! And you lips in contrast with your hazel eyes was EVERTHING! GORG!!!!

2. Tasha says:

Go ahead and give us those Tina Turner moves. Super cute pieces. Glad you are thinking what are you going to wear instead of doing impulse shopping =)

3. I can't take it! The hair, boots, bag, Skirt! Oh My! Love it all!
    My recent post Dynamic Kids Expo & Senior Hip Hop Dance Video!

4. Check out my blog for weekend style!

5. Charee says:

You looked Fabulous as always… & I NEED those boots!!!!
    My recent post naturally glam + glamour girls day spa

6. Phillydogg says:

I loved, love, love those boots and skirt – not crazy about the top

7. chioma says:

loving that sweatshirt and that necklace girl!

Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style
    My recent post Blood Orange…

8. Looks like you were having fun with that skirt. you look great. The collar is a nice touch and so are the cap toe boots. You have a great smile.

Visiting from Monday Mingle.
    Daphne.

9. Ask Nia B says:

You look great! My mom just gave me a taupe fringe skirt and like you I was like "what am I really gonna wear this with?!" I didn't even think to dress it down; I was so hung up on the fringes at the bottom that I couldn't see past them – let along think about what I was gonna wear with it. *runs to the car and takes the skirt out of the Goodwill bag*
    My recent post Curly Nikki and Chi City!!!!

10. those boots are killer! the only thing i don't like about shoe dazzle is that you have to get them when they e-mail them to you! sad day! but you look great in them! and yay for atlanta bloggers :)

11. Channing in The City says:

I LOVE that skirt! I want one so I can shimmy all over the place instead of walking for effect. I like that you turned the sweater around, too. Such a fun look with the boots.
    My recent post 7 Ways to Wear Maxi Skirts in the Fall

12. Taliah says:

Reeaallly love your boots!! so chic and i like the dark grey and black together with sprinkles of gold in your outfit.
    My recent post Bday – grammin

13. Melea says:

Hey girl, where is the necklace from?