Well my friends, it’s that time again…those of you who’ve been around a while will know what I’m talking about.  If you’re new around these parts, let me explain.  Twice a year my job has a huge conference that pretty much consumes my life for about two full months. I dread the arrival of this time of year because I know that everything that is important to me will suffer – my home life, my diet, my overall health (I always get sick), and of course – the blog .  It pretty much sucks! But, such is the life of the employed, right? We all do things we don’t necessarily enjoy so we can pay the bills (and support our shopping habits!)  And, I know there are far too many unemployed people out there that would gladly trade places with me if given the opportunity…I really shouldn’t complain.  As much as I despise their arrival, these dang conferences are just a part of my job.  So, now that my rant is over, the point of this was to let you all know that as things get crazier at my job, posts will probably start to get a little sporadic, but I’m not going anywhere…things will be back to normal by mid-January!

This post wasn’t supposed to be all about me lamenting about my job. Lol!  Yesterday, I threw this on because I thought I was going to run a few errands, but that didn’t happen because I ended up working later than I expected. I hate when that happens! Even though I’ve tried to shake the notion of “wasting an outfit,” I still like to save new stuff for when I’m actually going somewhere.  You may recognize the new leggings from my Pre-holiday haul video.  Man, I love these things! In fact, I think I am going to order them in gray if they are still available in my size. Usually, I am the leader of the “leggings are not pants” movement, but I guess these have turned me into a hypocrite!  I mean, I know that by definition, leggings are a type of pant, but I think of them more as leg warmers. Lol!  I would normally only wear leggings with tunic length top or sweater…basically anything that completely covers my butt!  But, this thick ponte version is actually thick and tailored enough to pull off with a shorter top that doesn’t complete conceal my buns.  I know, I know – hypocrite! Lol.

Men’s Old Navy Sweater ($10 Black Friday, Now $15) | NarcisIo Rodriguez for Kohl’s Leggings ($22 on sale) | Bridget Ankle Boot (Sole Society, $70) | “Magnate” Tote c/o JustFab | Old Necklace & Gifted Bracelets | Lips: Tarte Cosmetics “Lively” Matte Lip Stain

The sweater is also new.  Lately, I’ve been trying to stock up on slouchy sweaters.  My sweater wardrobe consists mainly of fitted knits, but you may have noticed that cozy oversized knits are very of the moment.  Shopping the men’s department is a great way to add this trend to your wardrobe.  In fact, I find the cut of the men’s sweaters is sometimes better than a lot of the women’s sweaters I’ve found.  It’s almost like the women’s sweaters are mimicking the cut of the men’s versions, but not quite getting it right.  So anyway, this past weekend, Old Navy had lightweight solid and striped v-neck sweaters on sale for $10.  I picked up five for Fab, and this black one for myself.  I am kicking myself now for not getting more colors!

So, let’s talk… how do you feel about leggings as pants?

**P.S. Don’t forget to enter my $25 Crazy & Co Gift Certificate Giveaway!***

14 Responses to “Are Leggings Pants, After All? (Narciso Rodriguez for Kohl’s Ponte Leggings Definitely Are!)”

1. Tia says:

These leggings are super cute!
    My recent post Give Thanks

2. Anointed Heels says:

if it looks like pants feel like pants and you sure did ROCK it as pants then they are pants! LOL
    they are super cute.

3. Shea says:

I wore leggins as pants on Black Friday, I personally prefer to wear a longer shirt when I do wear them as pants but I thinks it is completely okay. However, only for the thicker leggings that aren't see through. No one wants to see all your business, lol.
    My recent post Not So Black Friday

4. You look amazing and I love those pants. I have to agree with you, sometimes I do ask myself if leggings are now consider pants. I know in my world they are LOL! Great outfit and love the booties!

5. These leggings look like pants for real, I love the colors! I've never had a prob with the trend…
    My recent post DIY: Jil Sanders Veiled Beanie Part II

6. Kemi says:

Ponte pants are ok to wear without a tunic. I have a pair that I wear as regular pants

My recent post Striped Sweater Dress and Hue Tights

7. I’m in the leggings are not pants category, but these look like pants to me and I’m loving the color combo. I might have to take a sneak peek at Kohl’s in a minute. :)
    I’ve been wanting a pair or two of leggings to work with my boots, but most of my tops aren’t long enough to cover my butt, so I’m going to stay away from leggings right now, lol.
    fshnonmymind recently posted..Notes from the Dressing Room- J.Crew Quick Review
    fshnonmymind recently posted..Notes from the Dressing Room- J.Crew Quick Review

8. Jen says:

I wear my leggings as pants allll the time! lol Cute fit

Check me out~ http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

9. Ashlei says:

Hehe, my coworker made up a song about how leggings are not pants (and she also came up with a second verse about how 'bras are not a shirt', haha!), but I think you can totally get away with wearing these leggings as pants! Do you, girl! ;)

xo
    Ashlei
    My recent post 1 Dress, 3 Ways For The Holidays: Thanksgiving

10. Reiiko (GFS) says:

So I'm about to order these leggings/pants right this second in hopes that they fit my growing belly! These are too cute on you! They look thick enough to be considered pants in my book. It's when people wear those paper thin black leggings with a crop top and a blazer that gets me angry!

You look fab!

11. It all depends. If they are straight up leggings NO! Unless you are Rihanna! Ponte, only a few people can get away with it.
    My recent post CurlBox Black Friday Sale

12. Lucrecer White Braxton says:

Normally, leggings are definitely NOT pants for me. These you are wearing look great. I would seriously consider wearing them as pants if they look that good.

13. Effortless Cool says:

gorgeous pants, and love your jewelry!

XO Sahra