Happy Friday!! So, I am sure by now you’ve noticed that there is no Style Me Friday post today, and there wasn’t one last week either. Well, I have to be honest, I’ve gotten a little bored with it, and it seems like you all have to because the new submissions have really slowed to a hault. Which is totally fine…sometimes things just run their course! But, I mentioned on Twitter that I might consider discontinuing the weekly feature, and I received a resounding “YOU BETTER NOT” from all my tweeps. Lol! Okay, okay — we’ll keep it going, but it’s probably a good time to make some changes and make it a little more interactive for you guys. After all, part of the reason I started this series in the first place was because I really wanted to create a way for you all to really engage and participate in the blog’s content. So, with that in mind, here is what I am thinking:
- You all will continue to be the “stylists” on Style Me Friday by submitting looks for me to recreate. Looks can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter or Facebook, and
I will be adding a NEW & EASY way to submit via Pinterest. Stay tuned!now you can even submit looks via Pinterest!
- Every Monday, I will select and post the Style Me Friday look that I’ll be recreating that later that week.
- Here is where the new stuff comes in — those of you who are interested, can recreate the look yourself at some point in the week before Friday, and come back for the next step!
- On Friday, I will post my normal Style Me Friday recreation AND host a link up so you can share your recreated version of the look, too! (You do not have to have a blog to participate in the link up! You just need a camera. The linky widget allows you to link up to a specific blog post if you have a blog, or you can just manually upload a picture and link to your Twitter or Facebook if you don’t have a blog.)
- The following Monday, we’ll start all over again!
So, what do you guys think? I’m thinking of kicking this off next Monday, so comment, tweet me, leave a message on Facebook or whatever…and tell me your thoughts! Is this something you’d participate in?
…and until then, here are some of the submissions I have in queue! I haven’t selected one for Monday yet…I wonder which one it’s going to be!