What’s that Lipstick You’re Wearing?

Yesterday, I posted this quick pic on Instagram, and inquiring minds wanted to know — “What’s that lipstick you’re wearing?” It was totally in my plans to share here on the blog today, but my peeps on Instagram and Facebook weren’t having that.  I had to spill the beans immediately! Lol.  But, in case you missed it, I thought I’d share here, anyway.  Here are the deets!

Tarte Cosmetics
LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain
in “Lively”

$24.00

So, this lip stain is so perfectly matte, and surpsingly not drying at all! And, the shade is so unique.  At first glance, people always think it’s red, but no ma’am it’s really a matte fuchsia.  They call it “hot pink,” but I say it’s a little too dark for hot pink, so I’m going with fuchsia Whatever the case may be, it is gorgeous.  And I love that they call it a “stain” because  that truly is a good description for the lasting color you get.  It really doesn’t rub off on anything Lol!  Which is perfect for me, because I always seem to leave my lipstick at home when I go out.

By the way, this isn’t the first time I’ve worn this lippie on the blog.  You guys have also seen me wearing this shade once before here!  Slowly but surely, I’m getting better about doing beauty posts.  Are you guys proud of me? Lol! believe it or not, I’ve been stockpiling up-in-my-grill shots from my daily outfit posts for the purpose of doing beauty posts later.  I just have to add beauty posts to my posting schedule…I’m getting there!

What are your favorite matte lip colors?

10 Responses to “What’s that Lipstick You’re Wearing?”

1. bunnymysweet says:

Pretty color! Love it on you!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(”)(”) http://www.bunnymysweet.com/
    My recent post Pacific Beach at Sunset

2. Veronica says:

very pretty! I want I want!!!!
    My recent post Raven Symone – Look Alikes Part III

3. Ask Nia B says:

Very pretty and YES I peeped you on IG and was like "dangit Eboni!!" I JUST bought Rebel by MAC and luvvv it. It's a satin finish versus matte (matte lippies are my first choice), but not really shiny at all – which is awesome. Oh well, looks like on my lunch today, I'm getting this color because it rocks! Thanks for sharing ;-)
    My recent post Mane Situation: Month 1 of Luv Naturals and KBB Self Challenge Update

4. i love tarte makeup! that lipstick looks HOT on you! :)

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

5. Lynn says:

Hello my favorite neighbor!! I love it!! Looks great !! I'm currently wearing a Hot Coral by Revlon it's a creme lipstick with Sunset Peach lip gloss by Revlon… If I wear a bright lipstick I keep my other makeup very low key..

6. Comme-Coco says:

the hat.. amazing, that is all.

7. Comme-Coco says:

the hat.. amazing, that is all.

8. This lipstick suits you greatly)
    And do all these colors look in reality the same as at pictures?

9. jasmine says:

i have the red! …its basically the only red i wear! …but this fuschia looks great on you! i may have to pop in sephora & give it a go!!!