There’s Oxblood on My Boots, and I Got a Haircut!

Happy Tuesday before Thanksgiving! Lol! Can you tell I’m counting down the days until ‘til my brief vacay from work?  I need it y’all! Anyway, yesterday I shared two things on Instagram – 1) my new haircut, and 2) my kinda new “oxblood” boots.  Let’s start with the haircut…

So, Saturday my sister-in-law tells me she’s going to get her hair done at the place she and my mother-in-law have been going to for years.  This place happens to take walk-ins, so I decide I’m finally going to get the last remnants of my heat damaged ends chopped off, and get some much needed layers.  Now, I’ve been fighting getting layers for a while because…well…honestly, I just prefer my straight hair all one length these days.  But, let’s be honest.  How often do I wear my hair straight anymore? Should I really be making my hair decisions based on how I wear my hair a few times a year? Probably not! The truth is every time I ask a stylist what I can do to pump up the volume on my wash ‘n go, they all say the same thing –cut layers! *sigh* Okay, okay…so I finally did it!  It took a  spur of the moment decision, but I did it!

Of course, afterwards, I came home and mourned the loss of my length….and I was kicking myself for giving in with the layers, because I still liked the look of my blunt cut straight hair.  But today, I channeled my inner Fashion Bananas, swept my soft layers to one side, and threw on a bold burgundy lip.  And, I have to admit, by the end of the day my new cut had grown on me.  I am also hopeful that my curls are going to be poppin’ when I finally wash my hair!

Now, onto the boots! I actually bought these earlier in the year on clearance from ShoeBox.  I believe I paid about $30.  This was way before “oxblood” became the new It color.  I just thought it would be great to have a pair of boots in my closet that wasn’t black or brown. And, the color on these was just so rich, I couldn’t pass them by at a price so low.  Fast forward to present, and I am right on trend with the hottest color of the season – go figure!   I guess I’ve got fashion ESP? Lol!  Today was my first time wearing them since I bought them, and I love ‘em.  The platform and chunky heel make them so comfortable!

Banana Republic Jacket via Dress for Success Fundraiser | Zara Sweater (old) | Old Navy Rockstar Cords ($35) | Vince Camuto “Laird” Boots (Sold Out, Avail on eBay) | “Magnate” Tote c/o JustFab | Geometric Shift Earrings (Jewelmint, $30)

Thanks for stopping by!! XOXO.

26 Responses to “There’s Oxblood on My Boots, and I Got a Haircut!”

1. Marci says:

Your hair looks FANTASTIC!! Love IT!!!

2. Lovely look and your hair looks great!

3. Reana says:

nice look…love your hair!!

My recent post Be Unexpected Sometimes

4. You look so cute always Eb! And I love the haircut!
    My recent post Accidental V

5. Wow, you really went for it! It looks amazing! I had the same struggle last year cutting away thin ends and I too love the healthier results. Cute boots also!
    EbonyCPrincess recently posted..Julep Maven Nail Club Review
    EbonyCPrincess recently posted..Julep Maven Nail Club Review

6. designerdrop says:

Love your hair and the boots are so damn cute!

7. Cute as always and I know I tweeted but I like the cute. Gives it lots of body & volume :)
    Chica Fashion recently posted..Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas
    Chica Fashion recently posted..Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas

8. Menanie Smith says:

The haircut is nice! The boots are fab!!

9. I think your haircut looks amazing Ife! I love your new boots too!
    My recent post Share the Covers–Land of Confusion

10. Your hair looks awesome and I love the boots. Can't wait to see your WNG with the layers.

11. meganzietz says:

Girl, you look smoking! I love the hair, I really need a hair cut and I keep telling myself I'm getting bangs – eep.
    Xo Megan, http://www.TfDiaries.com
    My recent post Just Some Red

12. Let the record show, I told youuuuuu!

13. Ashley says:

Cute cute outfit! Love your boots and rock your new hairdo!!

With Love,
    Ashley
    ASassywoman.Com

14. Lisa says:

You're hair looks great! Change takes time to adjust to.

15. jeimy says:

love your hair it makes you look super cute and chic!!

16. I love your hair and those boots are cute cute cute!

17. Jarette says:

i likey!!! looks really good
    My recent post Satin all the way down…

18. You look great! I've also done things at the spur of the moment. Sometimes, I end up liking it, other times, I regret it. Haha :) Anyways, the new haircut suits you, well! I like the lip color on you. Fab look! :)

19. crlsweeti912 says:

I LOVE your hair! And the boots are awesome!!!!!!
    I am still so in love with my Magnate bag. I get so many compliments on this bag. It's all that. I even bought one for a close friend!!!!

20. fredetta says:

love you hair and the boots! super cute!

21. Anay Adorno says:

You look amazing! I love this outfit. Those boots are bomb!

22. Your boots are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!
    Julia Spencer's recent post.. < a href =http://designsign.net/amazing-design-resources-collection-especially-for-christmas-2013/ target="_blank" > Amazing Design Resources Collection: Especially for Christmas 2013 < /a >

23. Taliah says:

Loovvee your hair and those boots are amazing! The color is def rich and i like the shape of them!

24. Melissa says:

Wow! $30! What a steal, I love getting great deals after the season.

25. simpy chic says:

your hair is perfect! as is this look :)
    My recent post alice+olivia