I Just Love Dressing in Layers! (and I love these Sole Society “Elisa” pumps!)

I hate to start the year off with a short, rushed post, but such is life.  My job’s big conference is less than a week away, and it’s major crunch time in the office, so I don’t have a ton of time on my hands! Yesterday I worked 11 straight hours with no lunch break…yeah, it’s not a game.  Fab came home from work early, and saved the day with a salad, or I probably would have withered away at my desk.  I realize this is very unhealthy.  I need to put my health and well being first, but it’s so hard when you have 8 million deadlines on the same day, and nobody else seems to care if you eat or not. Lol.  Anyway, you guys don’t care about this, so I don’t know why I’m still talking about it! Lol.  The point is, I’m sorry I don’t have any fun stories to share about my outfit, but this is all I got… It’s cold in Atlanta, and dressing in layers is so much cuter than just throwing on a big coat! So, I layered a light puffer vest under navy polka dot blazer and viola! Warm and cozy…and still cute! Done and done.

Oh…and I LOVE these shoes. Lol! Navy blue…pointy toe…bow embellishments…love, love love!

how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-001

Bandolino Polka Dot Blazer | Old Navy Puffer Vest  | Old H&M Tee | Old Boyfriend Jeans | Sole Society “Elisa” Pumps | JustFab “Fleet Street Satchel

how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-005 how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-002 how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-006 how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-004 sole-society-elisa-navy-suede-pumps-justfab-fleet-street-satchel how-to-wear-a-puffer-vest-with-feminine-look-003

Shop the Look!

Thanks for stopping by! XOXO.

the-fashionista-next-door-blog

19 Responses to “I Just Love Dressing in Layers! (and I love these Sole Society “Elisa” pumps!)”

Lovin those chic shoes.
    My recent post What's Cookin Sing

2. It's great to see you keeping it together with such a hectic schedule. Love the boyfriend jeans and bag!
    My recent post Lookbook: Pep in My Step

3. Prissy says:

Very cute! never would have thought to add the puffer UNDER the blazer. I also love the color of that puffer

Prissy
    My recent post Red, White, Blue

4. Cute layering Ife! I love that blazer! Take care of yourself!!! And good luck with the conference!
    My recent post Share the Covers–Take Me Home Tonight

5. love the mix of patterns and i so feel you on the working at home not eating bad habit…i am thinking about renting a desk in a coworking space just to get out of this!
    My recent post {shopping} love…need…want: Monif C Haute Swirl!

6. You layered fabulously. You look stunning as well!

Don't hesitate to take a break from an overwhelming work load, even if you just drink some water and eat a banana! :)

7. meganzietz says:

you look so fierce, and those shoes are amazing.
    My recent post Black and Tan Polka Dots

8. Love the play on textures prints and colors a girl after my own heart lol.

Alicia!
    Chica Fashion recently posted..Looking Back at Naliya’s Elmo 2nd Birthday Party
    Chica Fashion recently posted..Looking Back at Naliya’s Elmo 2nd Birthday Party

9. Salena Km says:

1. Those shoes are gorgeousss! 2. You hair looks amazing. Ok, I'm done lol.

10. laniza says:

I really like the layering going on here–I would have never thought that a bubble vest could look chic until now!
    My recent post All Black Everything

11. Myah says:

Love the bow pumps! You look great.
    Myah
    thehappyhealthywholegirl.blogspot.com
    identifemi.etsy.com

My recent post Closet Files: Stripes and Ikat

12. Those shoes are the business! I love those colors together too. #werkit :)
    My recent post Pinspiration: Healthy Breakfast Options

13. MYSWEENEE says:

very cute!

14. ChanelCraves says:

Cute layering & I LOVE your hair!!! Fabulous as always! XO

15. MJ says:

Love the polka dot blazer and your hair looks great! :)
    My recent post Beauty Blast: The Cantu for Natural Hair Collection

16. India Plummer says:

That bag Eboni…..I loooove it! By the way I think your hair grows with each new post lol it looks great.

17. Niurka says:

Ohhh I love the puffer under the vest! Very cute and well put together. For you to be holding down "8 million deadlines on the same day' you look great! lol

xoxo
    ~Niurka http://www.FashionistaStyles.com

18. OMG! Seriously, it does. I was gonna do a post about it. I am kinda disappointed that it\’s growing so fast, since i was finally loving my cut! lol. (I need to make up my mind, right?)