Style Me Friday: Leather and Florals! {It’s A Link Up}

Happy Style Me Friday!!! I am so happy to be back in the blogging saddle…I missed you guys! I didn’t think I was gonna be able to pull a post together for this week, but my girl Trina wasn’t letting that ride.  She texted me and told me that I ABSOLUTELY had to do a Style Me Friday this week, so I posted the inspiration look late, and here I am…and I am SO glad I made it work!

So, you recall that the inspiration was floral and leather! Now, when I posted the inspiration look it was just under 60 degrees in Atlanta and sunny, and I mentioned that the sunshine was making me yearn for spring and talked a little bit about transitional style.  Well, fast forward this morning, and it is FREEZING outside! (Not NYC freezing, but pretty damn cold!) Basically, Mother Nature decided to really put my transitional style theory to the test. Lol! So, I started with a floral dress…the dress does not have sleeves and it has an open back, so I layered on a pair of ballet arm warmers (basically a thin shrug with really long sleeves and thumbholes), with my vintage “oxblood” leather jacket on top.  The dress is a little low-cut in the front, so I added a cozy cable circle scarf to protect my neck and chest from the cold.

style-me-friday-leather-jacket-and-floral-dress Image Via The Chriselle Factor

how-to-wear-a-floral-dress-in-fall-winter-008

Old Scarf | Vintage Wilson’s Leather Jacket via Lily Kai Vintage Boutique | Jack by BB Dakota Dress (Urban Outfitters) | Hue Tights (Nordstrom) | “Helena” Ankle Boots (Sole Society) | “Magnate” Tote c/o JustFab

My legs can usually tolerate the cold as long as my feet aren’t cold, but I thought a pair of tights was still weather appropriate for the look.  Instead of my go-to black tights, I opted for a pair of taupe open weave tights for an I-wish-I-was-bare-legged vibe. Lol! And finally, I kept my toesies warm in a pair of bold suede ankle boots!

how-to-wear-a-floral-dress-in-fall-winter-001 how-to-wear-a-floral-dress-in-fall-winter-007 how-to-wear-a-floral-dress-in-fall-winter-003 how-to-wear-a-floral-dress-in-fall-winter-009

Shop The Look!

Now, it’s your turn!! Link up your Style Me Friday recreations below.

**The link up will be open until next Thursday.

**Submit looks for next week’s Style Me Friday via emailfacebooktwitter, or Pinterest**

54 Responses to “Style Me Friday: Leather and Florals! {It’s A Link Up}”

1. Very adorbs! You styles this look very well!

2. Dea Win says:

This is going to be my first link up. I hae a floral dress, I have leather, and I am looking for the courage to take a picture and post. How can an EXTROVERT be such an introvert? LOL

3. Candyce Nicole via Facebook says:

Wow, you look amazing! And your makeup is flawless!!

4. Thank you!! I am writing a second post about the makeup RIGHT NOW!

5. Ashley says:

Cute cute outfit Eboni!! Love your dress :)

6. Danielle says:

LOVE this!!!

Cute, cute, cute. You rocked this inspired look.
    My recent post Power Suit

8. I love this look and your lipstick!

9. yayielle says:

LOV E LOVE LOVE THIS look. Great job

10. Tooooooo CUTE! You are GORGE as always and girl you are right… it is FREEZING! What in the world happened?

11. Dominique Rene says:

Loving this look and your hair looks SOOO pretty! You have changed my mind about the shoe subscription sites I think I am going to give sole society a try.

• The cool thing about Sole Society is they don't charge a monthly free, so it doesn't cost anything to join…and they sell at Nordstrom now, too! So really, its no risk! You can join and buy when you want…and these are real suede and super good quality! You won't be disappointed!

• Dominique Rene says:

thanks!

12. Alexia Miller via Facebook says:

I love this look! I have got to try it

13. I love everything about this look! Especially that jacket + Scarf!!!

14. Nice look ! Just gave me an idea for some red booties. Thanks!

15. yaaaaas! Alexia Miller the link up will be up ’til next Thursday if you wanna join in the fun Lol

16. Gianetta Norwood YES! They are a must have!

17. Kemiavon says:

Love the lip color. By the way it looks like I never have the pieces in my closet to participate in your link ups. Maybe some day. I don't own leather anything ;)

My recent post Sweater and a Bow Blouse

18. I love the oxblood leather and the lip and shoe combo, Eboni you look fantastic Happy New Year!

19. @MzLaLaLa says:

So pretty! Love the shape of those booties and your jacket! I need to link up!

xoxo,

Laura http://miss-beanie.blogspot.com
    My recent post Bedazzled Brigade

20. Nice! And I'm peeping that blush! I'll link up tomorrow!
    My recent post Polka Dot Pants

21. I LOVE the cut of that boot, so fly! Love the look! It's freezing here, but I'm going to try to link up tomorrow. :) I'll probably take indoor pictures which I hate! lol.

22. Dee Dee says:

Love, and your makeup was cute!

23. Style & Poise says:

I love that lip on you Eb!! It's so fab and I adore your take on this look! You rocked it!

My recent post Florals and Leather

24. been googling non stop to get them red booties, they are HOOOOTT cant find them. love the scarf too and the tights and everything

25. You look great chica but OH EMM GEEE, those shoes though!!! I need them in my life ASAP!!! Lol

26. Jen says:

You nailed this. LUV it! About to post mines now :)
    My recent post Makeup: Colored Lips Anyone?

27. Toni Green says:

Love this look! That ox blood color complements your skin tone very well.

28. fredetta says:

sooo cute! love the leather jacket!

29. Prissy says:

You totally pulled this off! I love that it still has that Eboni flair to it though. That lip color is so pretty on you. Wish I could wear berry colored lippies, but they just dont look right on me

Prissy

30. You have legs that just won't quit! And those booties! Chile, they FLYYYYY!
    My recent post How To Wear White in the Winter…

31. mychicstyle says:

Very nice, Eboni! Love the look
    My recent post GLAM FRIDAY – RED, NAVY & KHAKI: Happy TGIF, my chic…

32. Loved how you recreated the look, especially those booties!

33. Ebonie, you look gorgeous like always and what a great look.

34. Love, and your makeup was cute!

35. Those shoes are everything! love it

36. Patricia says:

Eboni, just wanted to let you know – I've been following your blog (via Google Reader) for over a year now, and this is hands down one of my favorite looks you've ever pulled off. :) It's seriously killer. Now if it would just drop another 5 to 10 degrees in Miami so I could wear one of my leather jackets without me sweating to death, I'd do a linkup too! Great stuff! :)

37. lyddiegal says:

your version is spot on and your ankle booties are gorgeous!

38. MYSWEENEE says:

Very Cute! Love how you added the oxblood color with the dress!
    My recent post Just A Little

39. Just found your blog and I have been diggin your hair care posts as much as the Style Me Friday. I will be following you via Bloglovin. . . .Love your Style!!!!
    My recent post Are you meant to be Single?

40. Awww Chipo Pfumojena, I hope you find them!! Did you see the other options I linked up in the blog post?

41. Mirna Osorio says:

You did this look better than the Inspiration!!!