Olivia + Joy’s Perfect Spring Bag, Bare Legs, and Mid Heels…

Those are all the things that are going on in this outfit.  We had our first real warm weekend of the year, and by warm, I mean 70 degrees…warm enough for bare legs.  I fought the urge to throw on jeans on Saturday and Sunday because…well, honestly! I just have a TON of clothes that I don’t wear.  I knew this already, but moving really drove the point home. Lol.  I need to take the opportunity to wear my clothes whenever I can. Lol!  So, instead of throwing on jeans, I opted for these faux leather Bisou Bisou shorts from JC Penney.  Leather + shorts are the perfect combination for early spring, don’t ya think?

how-to-wear-leather-shorts-001

Now, you all know I am not a big fan of fashion rules…and I’m all for leather in the summer time.  It’s been a big trend for the last few years, and I think it’s rather cute…but the summer weather in Atlanta is just not compatible with leather…unless of course, you enjoy the sticking to your clothes…me? not so much.  So again, I’ve gotta take advantage of this mild warm weather, and wear my leather shorts now!

how-to-wear-leather-shorts-006

Old Blouse (similar) | Bisou Bisou Faux Leather Shorts (JC Penney, $15 on sale) | Zara Ankle Strap Pumps (old) | ‘Expose’ Hobo c/o Oliva + Joy

how-to-wear-leather-shorts-004

And, this bag? Well, it was a gift from Olivia + Joy, and I loooooove it! The off-white + tan + black color palette is so perfect for spring.  It will go with most of your lighter colors and fabrics, but the tan and black details + gold hardware add just enough edge.  And it’s a hobo, so it easily houses all my junk and my camera…a definite must!

alice+olivia-expose-hobo

…and lastly, these Zara heels.  Can I just say how much I love them? I don’t buy low/mid heels often, but I really should.  They are super comfy…a good alternative to flats, which I don’t love wearing.  I think the problem is finding cute mid-heels…or dare I say kitten heels?  I own two pairs of kitten heels that I love, but I rarely wear them because unless your name is Michelle Obama, kitten heels are just hard to pull off.  I think the last time you guys saw kitten heels on the blog was here.  Today’s heels are technically too tall to be called kitten heels, I think…just barely. Lol!

how-to-wear-leather-shorts-003 how-to-wear-leather-shorts-002

What did you wear this weekend?

the-fashionista-next-door-blog

22 Responses to “Olivia + Joy’s Perfect Spring Bag, Bare Legs, and Mid Heels…”

1. Tasha says:

You look cute!!! Very chic. I am not a follow fashion rules person either. What size did you get in the shorts? Are they true to size?
    Tasha recently posted..Motivational Monday
    Tasha recently posted..Motivational Monday

2. Ticka says:

Cute! Love the leather shorts! This weekend I mostly wore pj's. lol!! However, I did step out on Saturday night and wore one of my favorite dresses. I blogged about it (shameless plug, Ha!)
    My recent post Candied Leather…

Love the shorts with the fem blouse, nice balance.
    My recent post Ciao!

4. That blouse is so lovely….reminds me of a similar one I have!! :)

My recent post Casual Polka Dot

5. Hes says:

Those shoes are fantastic, and you're making me want to buy some leather shorts.
    My recent post bag love: red, white, and blue

6. You look amazing like always, and I am in love with the shorts and blouse!

7. A Sassy Woman says:

Super cute look Ms. Eboni!! Love your blouse, shorts and heels :)

With Love,
    Ashley
    AsassyWoman.Com

8. Tia says:

Love those shorts!
    My recent post Neon Flowers

9. mychicstyle says:

Loving the shorts, not to mention that floral top.
    My recent post INSPIRATION MONDAY – CLASSIC BLACK AND WHITE: Happy Monday, my…

10. jemappelleshen says:

I love that you threw on a mid heel with the shorts! You totally pull it off, I'm scared of heels with shorts period so you're doing this look justice girl. Side note, theres more clothes you have yet to wear!!!! Your closet puts mine to shame by a long stretch lol, can't wait to see what else you come up with as the days get warmer :)

jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

online fashion boutique:
    etsy.com/shop/ofthetraveling or thriftandthecity.com

11. joyandsunshine says:

Very cute! I like how the volume of the top pairs with the pleated shorts. And those ankle-strap heels?! On my list for summer!
    My recent post Navy and Olive

12. Kristin says:

Those shorts are killer!
    My recent post BonBon Deal of the Day: Mad Love

13. Neshanta says:

I'm coming for those shorts. Love them.
    My recent post Rock A Bye Baby

14. I need those shorts! Cute! Love me some JCP!
    My recent post Boyfriend Date Night + New Hair!

15. See I agree and I did the opposite I wore jean on our first hot day In ATL.
    My recent post Style Tips: Big Guys 101

16. tracy says:

You look amazing. I love your leather shorts. I really need more leather pieces in my closet.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Enter our Necklace Giveaway

17. I love the print on that top. And that bag? Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

18. whenJmetK says:

This outfit is totally what I'm about right now…it's still pretty cold over here in Toronto, but I can't wait to put an outfit together just like this one. Loving it!

Kathleen of whenjmetk.com
    My recent post Outfit of the day: Winter be gone!

19. MYSWEENEE says:

You look hot!! I love this look on you. Ponytail on point! :)

20. LOVE this loook! I have those shorts as well Great Buy!

21. LOVE this loook! I have those shorts as well Great Buy!