Alright, ladies! Let’s talk skincare. You know how you thought your skin troubles were over once you escaped puberty? Well, I don’t know about you, but for me that assumption was wrong, wrong, wrong! I don’t struggle with pimples or breakouts…at least not regularly! I do still get them…the painful kind, too. Ugh! But, my puberty induced skin problems have just been replaced with age-induced skin problems…namely dryness! So, instead of looking for products focused on combating acne, my goal is to find products that will leave my skin moisturized and luminous!
So naturally, when I was asked to try Pond’s® Luminous line, I was intrigued. And, then they told me that Molly Sims was a fan of the line because it combats dullness and keep her skin looking radiant…so, then I was like, “Sign Me Up…I wanna try it!” What sold me wasn’t necessarily that Molly is a celebrity…and her skin looks so AMAZE…but rather that she mentioned the very thing that I struggle with when she talked about the products…dull skin!
I got to try the entire collection of product, which range from about $5 – $6 each at my favorite store – Target! (duh!)
Pond’s® Luminous Moisture Day™ Day Lotion with SPF 15
…and here are my thoughts!
- They smell AMAZING! The smell is light…not heavily perfumed, and fresh smelling. That is always a plus for me. I don’t have any sensitivity to fragrance so I like skincare that has a fresh, clean smell.
- The Wet Cleansing Towelettes are EVERYTHING! Seriously, my package arrived right in the middle of my move. I had already packed up my bathroom and packed a small toiletry bag to get me through a couple days, so I tossed the towelettes in my purse, and when I used them for the first time, I fell in love. They are SO WET!! I think the major issue that I’ve had with a lot of drugstore brand cleansing wipes is they aren’t moist enough, which totally defeats the purpose. These wipes are also a textured diamond weave cloth that I think serves to gently exfoliate while cleansing, as opposed to your standard flat cloth wipe. These things really came in handy during my move…I’d be feeling all gross and nasty, and one good facial wipe-down with these, and I felt like a girl again. Lol! I have also been using the wipes in the morning to kind of refresh, since I’ve already cleansed my face at night and don’t really need to deep clean again. This was a trick that I learned from Allure Magazine, and it’s a great tip for women with dry skin.
- Of the two cleansers, I definitely prefer the Cream Cleanser for daily use, and I like the Exfoliating Cleanser only once or twice a week. Exfoliating is VERY important for maintaining your skin’s radiance, but in my experience, my skin can’t handle daily exfoliating. The Cream Cleanser is very gentle, but it definitely gets rid of every trace of makeup and leaves my face feeling clean, but not dry! I can also use it with my Clarisonic for a gentle deep cleanse, as needed. So far, they are kind of a winning combo.
- And now the ultimate test of any skincare line…the Moisture Day Lotion. I’ll be honest with you guys…I will buy inexpensive cleansers all day long, but I will drop big bucks on a moisturizer because I need it to work! Again, I know my skin…and it’s dry, so any ol’ cheap watered down moisturizer is not gonna do the trick. I was pleasantly surprised that this $6 lotion worked so well. My test for whether or not a moisturizer works is to cleanse my face, and apply my moisturizer…wait about 15 minutes, then touch my cheeks. My cheeks are definitely my problem areas when it comes to dryness. If the moisturizer is crap, my cheeks feel tight and chapped…like the moisturizer jus evaporated into the air…and usually if I get up and look, I can see it, too. I am happy to report that Pond’s passed the cheek test. After applying, and waiting 15 minutes, my cheeks still felt supple and moisturized.
Now, full disclosure…I’ve only been using the Pond’s Luminous products for two weeks, so I’ll have to update you guys again after a full 30 days. I think it takes about that long to really get a grasp on whether or not a skincare product is working for, but so far so good!
Okay, so enough about me and my skin, and on to the good stuff!
- You NEED to head on over to the Pond’s® Facebook page and enter the #LuminousEffect Photo Sweepstakes, where you can share pictures of yourself looking LUMINOUS for a chance to win a $500 Target Gift Card + the entire Pond’s® Luminous Line.
- I really hope one of you wins the big sweepstakes, but just in case, I am also hosting my own giveaway right here on the blog, and one of you will also win a set of all four Pond’s® Luminous products to try for yourself! Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
How Do You Keep Your Skin Looking Luminous?
Disclosure: I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. I received product to facilitate my post and monetary compensation, but all opinions stated are my own.