Neon Lace (and OMG! I gained TWELVE pounds!)

Alright y’all, I didn’t mean for this week to be a complete wash, but it was…and I have a good reason.  You guys, OMG…over these last three months when I’ve been working like a damn slave from sun up to sun down, and not taking lunch breaks, not working out, and eating whatever I could quickly get my hands on, I gained not 5…not 10…but TWELVE freakin pounds.  Can you imagine my face when I stepped on that scale? I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time because 12 pounds is just ridiculous.

justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5809 Loft Top | Gap Original Fit Jeans | JustFab ‘Jeneva’ Heels  (you need these shoes!)| The Sak Crossbody Bag

So, needless to say, my focus this week has been getting my damn life. Lol! They say it takes 21 days to make a or break a habit, and I’m 14 days in on my quest to:

1. Set boundaries at work.  It’s in my nature to try and sprint through to the finish line on special projects, but it’s become apparent that what’s going on at my job right now is a marathon not a sprint, so working 12 hour days isn’t really making a dent my work load.  I’m working on finding a reasonable stopping point, and calling it quits without working more than an hour or two of overtime everyday.
  2. Go to the gym 3 – 4 Days a week.  This has been hard because even though signing off work much earlier than I have been for the past few months, I still don’t get to the gym every day until about 8:30 or 9:00 at night.  Which means I finish up at about 10pm, and I still have to come home and eat.  Now, I live my life on pacific time because my job is in California, so eating at 10 for me is really like eating at 7, buuuuuut the problem is after I work out and eat dinner, I kinda just want to chill…catch up on TV, read some blogs, browse Pinterest.  After all, I worked a 9 or 10 hour day,  and spent an hour at the gym…I’ve earned the right to chill! But, nope…I’ve got blogging to do.  So, anyway….
  3. Plan my meals.  I’ve talked about this before, but man oh man! Now that my schedule tighter than ever before, this is going to be critical for managing my weight.  So, for the last couple weeks, I’ve been spending my Sunday evening grocery shopping, and prepping or even cooking a minimum of three meals to get me through most of the week.  By the way, I found these pre-seasoned Perdue chicken breast at Kroger that have been a lifesaver…they don’t require any prep or seasoning.  They literally go straight from the package to the pan.   Five individually vacuum sealed breasts come in a pack, and the seasoning is actually pretty tasty.  I bought three packs and cooked up all 15 breasts this past Sunday.  I used them all week long for various meals — chicken wraps, salads, or just served with a side of veggies.  The point is these chicken breasts replaced my midday fast food run because they were so easy to prepare ahead of time.

justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5841 justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5835 justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5839 justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5818 justfab-cutout-cage-heels-IMG_5831

As I’ve been focusing on fitting fitness back into hectic schedule, blogging has kind of taken a backseat, but I will figure out how to fit it back in.  I just had to make a really tough decision to not allow yet another thing to get in the way of me taking care of myself, and since the full time job is not optional, the blog got the short end of the stick.  But, I’ll figure it out…I always do!  I’ve gotta start making better use of my weekends because to be honest, since I’ve been working so hard during the week lately, my weekends have gotten reeeeaall lazy! Lol.  So, for all of you who have sent me encouraging emails, I sooooo appreciate you!  I’m not going anywhere just yet, but I’m allowing myself some time to #GetMyLife.

Happy Friday!! xoxo.

signature

18 Responses to “Neon Lace (and OMG! I gained TWELVE pounds!)”

1. shanda says:

You got this Eboni! Everything always works out!
    Hard work always pays off! :)

2. Mattie says:

Grrrrrrr. I hate when work gets the best of us like that. The funny thing is, YOU STILL LOOK GREAT. I love the plan your meals tip. I’ve been trying to prep for the week on Sunday, too. Not sure if you’re into smoothies but I prep them by chopping my fruit & putting them in sandwich bags and freezing them. Time and life saver! (I’m headed to Kroger tomorrow to find that chicken you’re talking about!) Love those shoes :)
    Mattie recently posted..New Season
    Mattie recently posted..New Season

3. Like this outfit a lot!

4. Ria Scott says:

Wow! It creeps up on you doesn’t it? You still logo great!

5. eyecatchinggreatness says:

We all go through this at some point. Don't be too hard on yourself! You know what you need to do. You still look FAB!!!!

6. the bayarean says:

Don't worry it happens to the us all! And you still look great! As soon as you get into the habit of it all, you'll feel a lot better. The great thing about the gym is that it not only works for weight loss, but stress relief too, which is oh so necessary.

7. Style & Poise says:

You still look great girl but I totally understand….I gained 20 since my wedding…smh! Meal prep really does help and popping in a workout dvd at home might work better for you too. Shaun T's T25…works great! Love those shoes girl!!!
    My recent post Things I am Currently Crushin' On

8. Briana says:

I'm going through a similar situation, going to school and working 2 jobs! I still want fitness and health to be a part of my life, but it can be really time consuming. What has worked the best for me so far is prepping my meals on Sunday, and putting them into the freezer. During the week I throw them in the crockpot in the morning and when I get home, dinner is served! And the leftovers are great for lunch. Here's a helpful site: http://moneysavingmom.com/2014/01/crockpot-freeze

9. Bay2A says:

Ok, so you modeled the shoes so well… I had to get them too! Thanks!

10. Shalanda 'Shasie' says:

Girl you still look great! I need to get my life in that department also! lolol

11. Shasie says:

Work has tore my butt up too. Between working 8-6 then running to a fashion event in the evening it doesn't leave much time for cooking healthly meals or grabbing a healthier alternative. I've starting prepping meals on the weekends to do better during the week. Cooking during the week is NOT going to happen…lol

Shasie Live Life in Style
    Founder of Houston Fashion Bloggers

My recent post EVENT RECAP: 'Fashion on the Ave' Runway Show & After Party

12. ebonycprincess says:

You still look cute, but I feel you though…stepping on the scale to see that much of a difference is like someone hauled off and slapped you. I just got those shoes – LOVE THEM! In other news, I just did a post on "how to make a salad in a jar" and its my new love. Meal prep made easy, no cooking is involved – and I have healthy lunches for an entire week. I only wish I'd learned about it sooner.

13. You look wonderful and I hear you about being more health conscious!

14. Von Yabbadabbadoolol Davis says:

dont worry about eboni…..we all go through it!!! i myself have been there but all in all you still look great :-)

15. Danielle says:

You're still werking it!!! But boy can I relate to the job and scheduling situation. That's been my life for the last four years, too and I gained SO MUCH WEIGHT. I'm trying to get it off now and was doing well but this last week messed me up…lol. We'll both get it together :)
    My recent post These Two Printed Sets from the Eva Mendes Collection Need to Be Considered for Your Closet

16. Hope Grant says:

EATING late may be your #1 killer. I know you are on a different schedule but try to make your bigger meals before 7 pm your time. At least 4 hours before bed. Then you can do a post-work out smoothie or snack.